Computer Help

Culhwch

Chieftain
I know there are a lot of threads about this already, so sorry for making more. But all of this computer talk really confuses me. Anyway I need to buy a new video card I belive and I am hoping for some suggustion on what type and where to buy (is online better than computer retailer i.e cheaper)

Here are my computer specs from that testing site.

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
CPU SPEED: 2.5 GHz
SYSTEM RAM: 511.0 MB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 Professional Service
VIDEO CARD: Radeon 7500 (Radeon 7500 AGP (QW))

Any suggustion on what I should buy that is relitivly cheap and will make the game run well.

Thanks in advance...

topping this up, really could use a suggustiong as i want a new video card before my game comes on monday (fingers crossed)

I will help you.
First off, newegg.com is the place to buy it. Cheap, great shipping, and they are awesome with returns if any issues.

Things I need to know:
What type of motherboard?
What type of processor?
What type of video card slot? AGP, PCI Express, PCI?
How much memory?
Do you have a budget?

Stealthrunner said:
What type of video card slot? AGP, PCI Express, PCI?
He states he currently has a Radeon 7500 AGP card, so it can be assumed he has an AGP expansion slot.

My suggestion is you is; buy a Radeon 9600Pro. It won't be more that $80 and will run C4 nicely(assuming you don't have the TnL error):goodjob:

Culhwch said:
I know there are a lot of threads about this already, so sorry for making more. But all of this computer talk really confuses me. Anyway I need to buy a new video card I belive and I am hoping for some suggustion on what type and where to buy (is online better than computer retailer i.e cheaper)

Here are my computer specs from that testing site.

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
CPU SPEED: 2.5 GHz
SYSTEM RAM: 511.0 MB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 Professional Service
VIDEO CARD: Radeon 7500 (Radeon 7500 AGP (QW))

Any suggustion on what I should buy that is relitivly cheap and will make the game run well.

Thanks in advance...

I believe what you have should run it well - why do you think you need a new card?

Hmm...well like I said ealier don't know much (anything) about computer but I will see what i can come up w/in terms of info.

Motherboard: A Dell Optiple X GX260
Processor: No idea...
Memory: According to My Computer 37.2 GB
Budget: Preferable under $75, but am willing to spend up to $100. It's Civ IV so it deserves the best.

Thanks

Sorry I missed you already had the AGP card, whoops!

With all the issues that people are having with video cards and the game is brand new, maybe wait a few days or so and see if a patch comes out from Civ 4, or what they officially recommend.

Lots of different threads right now, too much to take in.

Top Bottom