Conflict on Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe it...

Do you realy extract the rar file...and copy the includung modfolder "Conflict on Chiron v2.0"...and past them into the BtS Modfolder??

Just try to start the Mod without the update...

Maybe you have a different root...but that is my one...

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

Please make a screenshot, i cant imagine that it dont work...uk...german...it does not matter...i dont give up.

We are getting somewhere, Monaldino, I am glad to say. I can upload and now play the original version of Chiron. I don't why it is suddenly working but I modded again and it worked. :)

But when I manually overwrite with the update, I can't automatically overwrite, Chiron, it won't work, so far.

So, it probably isn't a problem with your MOD but my OS.

Live long and prosper.

....have you changed the name of the modfolder from conflict on chiron v2.0 (after installing the update ) to conflict on chiron v2.1???? Thats very important...

in the update II rar, there is an "Asset" folder and some files - Copy & paste ALL FILES + the "Assets" Folder in to the Modfolder Conflict on Chiron v2.0/

After that, rename the modfolder "conflict on chiron v2.0" to "conflict on chiron v2.1"

I have done all that. Chiron 2.0 works. The update, which for some reason I don't understand I have to manually overwrite Chiron 2.0 - my RAR program won't automatically overwrite it - doesn't. My RAR program won't automatically overwrite Chiron 2.0 so I overwrite but the updated Chiron 2.1 just doesn't work. I don't really know what more I can say - the new RAR I use works for other MODs. I may be doing something wrong or there may be a quirk in my OS. But there it is.

Got 2.1 working. Don't ask me how. I couldn't tell you. I just tried and tried again. So I have two MODs, 2.0 and 2.1 as options. But I won't change anything in case that changes anything. Thanks for your support.

Hi Im just wondering are any movies working?
And if they are working, how many of them are implemented?

Hi Im just wondering are any movies working?
And if they are working, how many of them are implemented?

Have you downloadet the Movies????

How many?!? 55...maby more...but you can count them after downloading...
The update II includes 2 new movies...the mainfile have 5...the rest must be downloadet...

You can download them from the german site (1. page)...scroll down, nearly at the end....and look after Wondermovies
Because they are so many, they are divided in 4 parts...
Follow the instructions under the downloadlinks...and all will be good! ;)

Have you downloadet the Movies????

How many?!? 55...maby more...but you can count them after downloading...
The update II includes 2 new movies...the mainfile have 5...the rest must be downloadet...

You can download them from the german site (1. page)...scroll down, nearly at the end....and look after Wondermovies
Because they are so many, they are divided in 4 parts...
Follow the instructions under the downloadlinks...and all will be good! ;)

Yes I have downloaded them and inserted them in
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Conflict on Chiron v2.1\Assets\Art\Movies
and it still doesnt work. I've tried it on Longevity vaccine project, I dont know if this one is supposed to be working though.

...stupid question from me, do you have unpacked the rar files ?!?! :blush:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0475.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0475.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Civ4ScreenShot0476.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0476.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Civ4ScreenShot0477.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0477.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Civ4ScreenShot0478.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0478.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 148
...stupid question from me, do you have unpacked the rar files ?!?! :blush:
Yes I did.
Wait I think I found the problem.
Update: well problem solved turns out that it was my confusion that did most harm you see, I had downloaded rar files with EXACTLY the same name earlier and when I was sopposed to download yours and iI got a message that I have files of the same name in my default download folder I stopped the download and used them, without (and I'm saying this with great embarrassment) noticing that htey have .wve extension.
It works now so sorry for wasting your time I should've figure it out sooner.

Well, the updated mod works, Monaldino, thank you. So long as I keep the original version of your MOD as an option. Not to use but just as a mod option. Don't ask me to explain but there it is! :)

Live long and prosper.

Are planing to integrate interludes from original SMACX in your mod?
It would be great way of introducing story from original.

You mean this one...
(1. attachment)
Yes, but its hard to gathered all "screens" togehter...
Because this screens are generated, they are no pictures or somthing like that...
I think i have to make a screenshot from all of them...but that needs time, i have to play smac for this...but i have to time to do this...:eek:

...2 new UB for the aliens ...will addet in the next update...

...and a very raw design of a Shield ......maybe a will add them to...

Attachments

• interlude.jpg
    interlude.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 129
  • UB - Aliens.jpg
    UB - Aliens.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 102
  • facility_civilII.jpg
    facility_civilII.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ4ScreenShot0470.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0470.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 121
Live long and prosper, Monaldinio!

SMAC and its offshoots are my all time favourite games (along with MOO3). :)

You mean this one...
(1. attachment)
Yes, but its hard to gathered all "screens" togehter...
Because this screens are generated, they are no pictures or somthing like that...
I think i have to make a screenshot from all of them...but that needs time, i have to play smac for this...but i have to time to do this...:eek:
Actualy I dont think you have to take a screenshot of each one of them.
You see I dont know much about Civ IV modding but already has features like pop-up windows with movies or text for technologies and world wonders why not use those?
You could make one default version and then insert variables like name of civ and its leader and other stuff.
I know it's still time consuming but at least not so much as taking screenshots of everything.

You see I dont know much about Civ IV modding but already has features like pop-up windows with movies or text for technologies and world wonders why not use those?
You could make one default version and then insert variables like name of civ and its leader and other stuff.
I know it's still time consuming but at least not so much as taking screenshots of everything.

No, I do not mean the representation/illustration of the interludes in BtS...how i can hadle it and so one. I mean the "transfer" of the interludes from SCAM to my mod, in SMAC the interludes are generated, they consist of a picture...and text... And i dont have the text...and i dont know where i can find them...

I attempted to get your Update II but everytime the website would try to load, it would either crash and refuse to open, or I would get spammed with virus warnings.

Is there an alternate way to get this update?
Will verson 2.0 play without it?

I attempted to get your Update II but everytime the website would try to load, it would either crash and refuse to open, or I would get spammed with virus warnings.

:eek: ...but that's not my fault. :dunno:

Is there an alternate way to get this update?
Will verson 2.0 play without it?

You can find a 2nd download link for the Update II on the german site...
Its is spoilert...watch for "Update II"...

...aaaah...or take this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom