Confusion with Alt. Leaders

Futumch

Calm as a Coma
I like the concept of alternate leaders. There's just one thing that causes me confusion when you are playing against both leaders in a game. There is no way of determining which India / Greece civ the event tracker is referring to. Here is a picture that illustrates what I mean. I have highlighted the relevant civ name:

(I probably should have reduced the size of the image)

My suggestion is to either rename the civ to Greece (Athens) / Greece (Sparta) to reflect duplicate leaders in a game. Playing against one Greek leader would just leave the civ name as Greece.
Similarly India with Delhi and Maurya, and if rumours are to be believed, France might have Aquitaine and Medici.

Just my thoughts and ideas.
Cheers!

You must be playing with the setting that prohibits duplicate civs turned off.

Yeah, the toggle when you set up your game. Down near the Barbarian settings.

EDIT: Actually I meant including Pericles and Gorgo, or Gandhi and Chandragupta at the same time in a game against you.

Last edited:
Since you allow duplicates (which also allows having two Americas led by Teddy), I fear it is somewhat „intentional“. Although that word is too strong, I believe the devs just don‘t care about this with a civ being in the game twice. Worst case is always when choosing artifacts and you can choose between Harald and Harald in an all-Norway game...

I don't think that setting disables alternate leaders. I'd have to check when I get home. It just means you can't have Gorgo vs. Gorgo, while Gorgo vs. Pericles could happen.

Which reminds me, I never got around to trying a game with all Koreas. I still want to do that.

Yeah, pretty sure the toggle is for duplicate leaders, not duplicate civs.

I'm surprised they haven't addressed this yet.

Early on, they added the symbol of the civ, showing its colors, on the diplo screen so you would know which of two duplicate leaders you were talking to. But obviously that doesn't help in the gossip messages.

The gossip messages cluttering the screen are a thing of the past with the upcoming gathering storm expansion anyway. At least that's what i read/heard somewhere...

Thanks for the replies, all. I guess we'll see how things pan out on Valentine's Day.

Release date of Gathering Storm on Valentine day?!

I think if I sent them flowers they would melt. Err. chocolates.

too much whisky.

Top Bottom