Conquer Dude's Tech Icon Library

conquer_dude

Imperial Slave
I've been making tech icons for a while now. And I decided I wanted to share some. There are all pcx files and are in Picture it! 9. (That's what I tend to use.) I will be adding more every week (I hope). For now, I've only got 5 to start off. Every month I will post a whole file of all the new techs added. I WILL TAKE TECH REQUESTS!

Enjoy! :)

Ironworks. (Download at the bottom)

Literature.

Writing.

Warrior.

Medieval Tech Icon.

Downloads:

ENJOY!!

Attachments

• Iron Works.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Literature.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Writing.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Warrior.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Medieval Tech.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 195
I can't because I already attached it in War of the Worlds thread.

EDIT:

Here's a really cool one.

Alien Mothership.

Bulletproof Vest.

Armor. (THIS ONE WILL BE USED FOR THE TECH ICON MAKER'S CHALLENGE JUNE!! MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR IT!!:))

Ogre.

Advanced Robotics (This will be in my scenario. I just though I had to put it here)

Downloads.

Attachments

• Bulletproof Vests.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Alien Mothership.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Armor.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Ogre.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Advanced_Robotics.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 210

Stormtrooper

Downloads:

Attachments

• Stormtrooper.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 192
I like the advanced robotics. Is there a unit that goes with that? It kinda looks like it comes from the fallout series.

Here's a tip someone gave me about my previews- save them as .gif instead of jpeg the come out way better. Jpegification really distorts the image.

EDIT - C.D. I downloaded some of your Icons and I noticed they won't work. They are the wrong color count. you need to set them to 256 colors or they dont show up in game. Also after you change them to 256 you'll have to re-do the palette so the last two colors are the magic magenta 255-0-255 and the magic green 0-255-0, otherwise the color that is in the last two slots of the palette will be pink in game.

Storm Grunt said:
I like the advanced robotics. Is there a unit that goes with that? It kinda looks like it comes from the fallout series.

Here's a tip someone gave me about my previews- save them as .gif instead of jpeg the come out way better. Jpegification really distorts the image.

EDIT - C.D. I downloaded some of your Icons and I noticed they won't work. They are the wrong color count. you need to set them to 256 colors or they dont show up in game. Also after you change them to 256 you'll have to re-do the palette so the last two colors are the magic magenta 255-0-255 and the magic green 0-255-0, otherwise the color that is in the last two slots of the palette will be pink in game.
What pallete/s should I use?

Each image you choose to make into an Icon will already have its own palette. You just have to change the last two in the palette index to magenta(255-0-255) and neon green(0-255-0). Then save the palette as temp,click undo edit palette,re-load the temp palette and save the image.

Are you using paint shop pro? if yes I can give you screen shots of doing it.

I can't afford it, so, no am not using Paint Shop pro. But, I will get it once I can. I only see Paint Shop Pro 10, which costs $100. Are there any other versions that are cheaper?

Thanks.

Well, whichever program you are currently using it should probably work basically the same way. I have paint shop pro 9 and that is going for about $25 on ebay right now....:D

Storm Grunt said:
Well, whichever program you are currently using it should probably work basically the same way. I have paint shop pro 9 and that is going for about $25 on ebay right now....:D
Well... MS Paint? :p

I have ms paint so I took a look at it and it doesn't let you edit the palette or change the color depth. So, you need an image editing program. I've heard gimp works well and its free if you don't want to shell out the $20 for PSP......

@ Conquer Dude - you had the same problem I did with making techs. You CANNOT make pcx's with paint. It screws everything up. You should GIMP or Wally, they're both free. I also saw PSP 3.1 in Chieftess' siggy for free. If you don't want to mess with pallettes, import the image into another 256 color pcx with a similar pallette. It may lose a little quality, but it works, right?

I converted them with picture it! to pcxs. BTW to convert to 256 I used Image Converter, found in the Utility section.

Top Bottom