Conquer the World (Expansion

I guess, some help is needed:
Missing interface is in most times a python error.
Go to My Documents\My Games\BtS\CivilizationIV.ini, open it (rightclick, open with notepad/wordpad/some texteditor), and enable the python exceptions (just search for python, and change the value there).

When I tried your suggestion, I got a number of exception notices, one of which was "File "CivEventInterface," line 12, in ?" The mod would then not load at all.

AltJung, do you have a special version of civ? The new complete version, a version from steam or another download platform, something like that?

Thanks a bunch, I'll put that at the top so people can see it.

Sadly, people tend to oversee things like that :(.

well i tried the suggestion and i did not have any change in load etc. i am about to retry with the mac modded files. P.S. love you mod and can't wait to get it to work...or boot windows on something to play it lol

with L's modded files it runs billiantly...except for the gui. if there is any info i can supply to help i will.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to load it?

I have loaded it and it runs pretty well. I haven't seen any problem but as far as the graphical part goes, I wish it was more diverse like Varietas Delectat. However, you do have the Inquisitor system while VD does not.

Might want to change the name of "Spanish Inquisition" to "Grand Inquisition". Just for aesthetics.

AltJung, do you have a special version of civ? The new complete version, a version from steam or another download platform, something like that?

I bought Civ IV when it first came out (2006?) and subsequently bought BTS. Current patches are installed.

Um, FileFactory is having some issues, I'll reload it tomorrow on an alternate File Hosting Site. Sunday night there should be a second link.

I don't understand why there are issues though, my earlier expansion Through the Ages is still there and available.

I have added the BUG mod, which changes the interface. Perhaps it interferes.

That will most definitely be it. No interface is a sure sign that something is clashing with BUG. You'll need to merge BUG with Conquer the World, or disable your Custom Assets (in Conquer the World.ini) and play without BUG.

Thank you, Xyth, disabling Custom Assets restored the interface. Sadly, I don't know how to merge mods.

To Nolan08: Additional flavor units may happen in the future, however, for both size and due to a lack of six types of other units this won't happen immediately. As far as making each set of units civ specific, I have 13 new civs, some of which have been done (like Polynesians) but others that would require a significant investment in time and space.

On the select a civilization screen if I choose Arabian Empire the game crashes. It runs fine when I select a different civ. I've only played it for a few minutes but it looks great.

I forgot to mention that when the map loads the tech screen pops up. When I press exit there is no GUI.

I downloaded the mod, but I don't have any text at all displaying... What would be the problem? I have BtS 3.19 French version.
Thanks!

Top Bottom