Conquered a city and sold it = buyer immediately denounce?!

maltz

King
I conquered a city and sold it to Siam. Siam, who declared friendship with me, denounce me on the next turn.
I conquered another city and sold it to Rome - Rome, who was friendly to me, denounced me on the next turn.
I loaded and sold the second city still to Siam instead - Rome did not denounce me on the next turn.

I guess the AI really hates neighbors (covet your land).
So as soon as I sell the city, that AI becomes my neighbor and gains new reasons to hate me.

Military allies can't share their spoils of war - or they immediately turn on each other.

I conquered a city and sold it to Siam. Siam, who declared friendship with me, denounce me on the next turn.
I conquered another city and sold it to Rome - Rome, who was friendly to me, denounced me on the next turn.
I loaded and sold the second city still to Siam instead - Rome did not denounce me on the next turn.
Maybe you gifted them a crap city & after the deal they realised that you have fooled them. :lol:
I guess the AI really hates neighbors (covet your land).
So as soon as I sell the city, that AI becomes my neighbor and gains new reasons to hate me.
That seems to be the most appropriate reason I think. :hmm:

The only explanation for why the AI are constantly doing stupid stuff is because they are completely insane. It's the only logical explanation. All professional psychologists agree that insanity is characterized in several ways:

-When having intercourse with an insane person there is always an indefinite and indefinable obstacle which prevents decent comprehension with that person.
-You feel that your attitude towards an insane person is somewhat similar to that toward a child.
-Even without speech there is a lack attraction or even repulsion towards insane peoples.
-They do not respond to what we may say or do in an ordinary manner. It seems there is no reason behind their action.
-The insane will gain utterance to strange and grotesque fanatical ideas.
-The publicly denounce everyone for no reason at all.

Ha yeah.
Really annoying. So I ended up selling all of my unwanted cities to the Civs that have denounced me. Quite ironic.

My guess is it changes their priorities and now sees you as a threat due to proximity or some other relevant piece of data

Yup; moment you sold a city that adjoined one of the cities your keeping, you became too close to that AI.

Only sell or gift cities far away from the rest of your empire.

if you had a big army next to the city (you just captured it after all) the ai was probably worried you were about to invade them

ai has no memory so it doesn't realise you're the guy who have them the city in the first place

Top Bottom