Conquered Wonders

UFDelt

Strategist
I don't know if someone has posted this question before- I'm guessing it has although I haven't seen it. Whenever I conquer a city that has a wonder built in it, I never get the benefits of the wonder or the culture of the wonder. Is there any reason behind this? I just conquered the Pyramids and getting those benefits would free up a lot of cash flow for me and if there's something I have to do, I'd like to know ASAP.

When you took a city with a wonder you DO get the benfits as long has the wonder is not expired, but you get no culture from it, and if that civ who bulit the wonder ever took the city back, they would get the culture for it again

You never get the cultural benefit, but you get the wonder benefit if you haven't learned the wonder obsolete making tech yet (if a wonder can get obsolete).
Pyramids will forever provide a free granary for every city on the same continent, maybe the Pyramid city is the only one you own on that landmass. ;)

edit:
:hmm:
if you're looking at your income: maybe you have already waaay too many cities (total OCN override), thus capturing an enemy city might have crippled your economy (also depends on FP/P placement)

No, it might be b/c it's a scenario (Allah Akbar scenario) but it's a map of the middle east, so it's all together, but still no benefits... Oh well

If it's a scenario (I don't know that one), maybe Pyramids have either other attributes/benefits than used to have or granaries are (already) free in upkeep?

I guess that's a possibility but I'm pretty sure that it offers the same benefits. It sucks that you don't get the culture, I mean it would make sense that you should get the culture at least after all the citizens in the city are from your civ.

The pyramids gives a granery to each city on the same continent that hasn't got a granery yet. It won't automatically sell the already build graneries in all the cities on the same continent. So you're still paying the upkeep. You should (almost) always sell all the graneries in cities on the same continent as the Pyramids. One exception is of course when you expect to lose the Pyramids again.
Edit: This goes the same for other building providing wonders like Sun Tsu's and the Internet.

Originally posted by Roland Johansen
The pyramids gives a granery to each city on the same continent that hasn't got a granery yet. It won't automatically sell the already build graneries in all the cities on the same continent. So you're still paying the upkeep.
No, you no longer pay upkeep for existing granaries when you get the Pyramids (same continent proviso). Might as well sell them, though.

I know that the Pyramids are supposed to give me the free granary in each of my cities on the same continent, but I've been doing a lot of conquering and I've noticed that in a lot of my cities that don't have granaries haven't gotten them automatically since I conquered the Pyramids. I've got the answers I was looking for. Thanks guys

Originally posted by Galcador

No, you no longer pay upkeep for existing granaries when you get the Pyramids (same continent proviso). Might as well sell them, though.

You're right of course. I was mixing this up with the Coal Plants one might already have build before the Hoover Dam comes along. They still cost you money (not the same building, Coal Plant versus Hydro Plant). Selling the graneries for 15 gold a piece is still usefull.

Originally posted by UFDelt

I know that the Pyramids are supposed to give me the free granary in each of my cities on the same continent, but I've been doing a lot of conquering and I've noticed that in a lot of my cities that don't have granaries haven't gotten them automatically since I conquered the Pyramids. I've got the answers I was looking for. Thanks guys

I don't know the answer to this one, except when Grille's answer is true.

Post your save, and we can tell you what the deal is. Much easier than having us guess for days on end ^^

ook, I'll post my save. I'm not exactly sure how to do it so if I mess up, I'll just have to give it another shot.

Allright so it obviously didn't work. I uploaded the file into upload 4 but I have no idea what to do after that.

Anyways I found the answer as to why the Pyramids in my saved scenario game wasn't working-
the Pyramids now gives you +50%lux and tax , and +1 trade per trade producing tile. (to simulate tourism)

Top Bottom