Conquest 04 Results and Congratulations

solenoozerec said:
Me too :thanx:
Seems like I finally made to the 20.
What is the next goal? :mischief:

Yeah, about that. You making the top 20 meant someone here who had been hoping to make it for the first time got bumped to 21st, missing the top 20 by a meager 38 points. And 20k as the victory objective in the next two games, top 20 won't be as close again in awhile.

bed_head7 said:
Yeah, about that. You making the top 20 meant someone here who had been hoping to make it for the first time got bumped to 21st, missing the top 20 by a meager 38 points. And 20k as the victory objective in the next two games, top 20 won't be as close again in awhile.

Yep, sorry about that :blush:
Sure 100K is much more :cool:, I never did it. I was just training at domination routine as not so far ago I never did it too.
But you know what... 21st is a cool number too, (card games), also you can start drinking legally in some countries at such age and so on.
20 - I do not know what is good about this number, just a zero at the end :)

I suppose you are right. What is so special about 20 and not 21? It is the magic number for drinking where I live, though that isn't really all that exciting.

bed_head7 said:
I suppose you are right. What is so special about 20 and not 21? It is the magic number for drinking where I live, though that isn't really all that exciting.

And most important, you did not get an award only because SirPleb was playing the same victory type :smug:

Actually, RFHolloway beat me to 100k, but had a lower score, so I lose either way you look at it.

Congrats all. Especialy smackster...beet me out of my first award by 50 years! (grumbles about northen Byzantine settlers)

Hey Bed head 7 - you playing for 100k on COTM5? - we could have a rematch now SirPleb cas completed a conquest!

welcome Antithesis! :)

Rallonian said:
Congrats all. Especialy smackster...beet me out of my first award by 50 years! (grumbles about northen Byzantine settlers)
Covering those northern islands was certainly very important in this game. I was rushing Cavalry up there to finish the final cities.

So what date do you think you could have got, 800AD was about the best I could have done, although most of my plans worked better than other games.

smackster

smackster said:
Covering those northern islands was certainly very important in this game. I was rushing Cavalry up there to finish the final cities.

So what date do you think you could have got, 800AD was about the best I could have done, although most of my plans worked better than other games.

smackster
Yeah I thought I had it covered as I could only see one of their cities (with 3 knights on the door step) at the same time I finnished the conquest of the major continent (app. 820AD) They didn't have any visible cities at that time though and it wasn't until the turn after that they built a city. I killed that city and then they repeated the same settler trick again, finaly giving me the 890 conquest victory. I guess it just means I will go overkill on destroying the colonies next time :)

An interesting point here though. It seems your decision to go through to cavalry compared to mine with sticking with knights may have got you the award. I think in general conquest it appears that the dates were pretty much identical but the extra speed of cavalry helps to mop up the colonies just those few turns faster. Something to consider in the future I guess...

RFHolloway said:
Hey Bed head 7 - you playing for 100k on COTM5? - we could have a rematch now SirPleb cas completed a conquest!

welcome Antithesis! :)

Nope, 20k, and I think I am on track to win from the spoilers so far. You could always enter the race though. Maybe we can try 100k rematch on COTM6.

bed_head7 said:
Nope, 20k, and I think I am on track to win from the spoilers so far. You could always enter the race though. Maybe we can try 100k rematch on COTM6.

Can't change tack now, 20k is very different from the way I play 100k (let the AI build the pyramids and ToA for me). Yes we could do this on COTM 6 - hope its the Celts (is ainswood listening? :mischief: ). With them we could see some really fast 100k finishes. If not, I am sure we will get round to them eventually!

It'll be Sumerians or Portuguese, the last two additions to Conquests. Sumerians might be fun for 100k.

Top Bottom