Consistent Screen Flicker - Game runs smooth otherwise

Sierra Wander

Chieftain
Hi, I figured this might be the place to ask.

I am having an issue with Civ 5. It runs fine (great even), I have no crashes or overheating, however for the entirety of my games I have a consistent screen flicker. It doesn't always happen, around 10 times per minute. It happens with or without my moving the mouse.

I've been googling and searching about with this problem. It seems I'm not alone in having it happen but most of the threads I had found had no solutions (or in the case of the only solution I found: disabling anti-aliasing, did not work). I am hoping maybe it's just an issue where I've searched with the wrong terms and there has been a resolution I've not found. So far the only solution that has worked is to disable full-screen, though I prefer to play in full screen and ideally would like to be able to return to that. The game does run fine in full-screen, screen flicker aside.

The video settings I have activated are: 1366x768 60 Hz - anti-aliasing disabled - Vsync & GPU Texture Decode on - All settings on medium except: Overlay Detail, Fog of War Quality, terrain Detail, Texture Quality; I normally launch with "Windows 8 Touch Enabled" (because it says 'recommended') but I have launched in DirectX 9 and DirectX 10&11 and continued to have the problem.

My computer runs Windows 10 with an Intel HD Graphic Card 5500. My version of Civ5 is the full collection downloaded from Steam with no installed mods.

I'm hoping I've given enough information here.

Kind regards :goodjob:

Top Bottom