Convert excess food to gold?

moredrowsy

Chieftain
It makes sense to convert excess farmland (food) into gold like science into gold, and production into gold. If you have excess food, such as surplus of potatoes, olive (to olive oil etc), it would be economically feasible for trade and be turned into gold. I would love this idea to convert excess food into gold. This would make increasing population even more desirable.

It makes sense to convert excess farmland (food) into gold like science into gold, and production into gold. If you have excess food, such as surplus of potatoes, olive (to olive oil etc), it would be economically feasible for trade and be turned into gold. I would love this idea to convert excess food into gold. This would make increasing population even more desirable.

You already do this by running more merchants, changing farms to trade posts, or growing more population and working additional tiles.

In Civ 5 (vanilla) I would like to see a food export system where a city spends 1 food and 1 hammer to send 1 food elsewhere (and can sell it to other civs).

Either that or have a food unit that is built like a settler and can be spent in any city to give that city apples equal to around half of the total cost to build, and can be gifted.

Or... just make settlers so they can be used up to give food to an existing city, on top of their current ability to settle cities.

But either would probably be hard to implement outside of Firaxis without dlls.

Top Bottom