Coop multiplayer

Ar4i

Chieftain
Several game related sites stated that game would allow two players to control one colony (something that civ4 is missing). This seems like a fun way to play a coop game with a good friend, but we were unable to find a way doing that when setting up a multilayer game.
Does anyone know if this feature actually exists and how to set up a multilayer game to work like this?

I think you set it up as two players, one for each leader (one for John Adams, one for George Washington, or whatever). I don't think you can control each others' units or whatnot, just you cooperate to declare independence.

If you are on the same team then you face the same REF regardless of which leaders and civs the people on the team are.

Has anybody played a round of the game in this mode yet? I'm in the midst of one. I arranged it under the Custom Game menu and chose to be French with another Frenchie on my team. We seem to share Founding Fathers, but -I- choose them, while it's entirely likely that the other guy is the one earning the points for them.

Also, I'm not sure yet, but my AI buddy's tentative attempts to raise bells too early may get us both killed! I'm not sure yet if he can start a WoI without my consent or if I automatically would have to support him.

we had three of us on a team, voting for FFs

THREE?? What a nightmare?

This was the only really big drawback to playing coop with my friend on his network at his place; deciding which Founding father to take. You really have to be with somebody that has the same approach to the game and not opposite like me and him. ( i like to conquer, he likes to trade). My massing of troops combined with his hunger for Liberty Bells made his tax rate shoot up to 50 percent in no time, while mine stayed low. (and he had the dutch guy with the delay in tax raises LOL)

Overall though the experience was great and he phoned me the next day how much he enjoyed it, despite the arguments over weather to takes Thomas Paine or the 50 percent more great generals guy.

Thanks man it makes more sense now and I think I can get closer to what I 'm looking for.

------------------------------------------------------
typing service

Top Bottom