COTM 18 quick game - spoiler thread

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
I had completely forgotten about the spoiler thread. :blush:

But here it is. What was your strategy, did it work out and did you learn something new about managing the economy?

It's been a while, but I try to rewrite from memory a summary and the opening save.
* Get currency at full speed.
* build settlers as cities help for gpt.
* Irrigate and road for extra pop and extra commerce.
* build road-traderoutes to the others.
* When I got currency I was able to trade for Monacrhy and revolted fairly soon to that.
* Sell techs + resources for gpt.
* Cashrush a market in the capital.
* Sell barracks, libraries, granaries etc since they cost gpt. This got me above 100gpt (a lot) sooner than I had thought possible. I needed only 1 entertainer in 1 unconnected city. I then tried to go for maximum gpt since I hope that in case someone else finishes in the same date the highest GPT would count ... :mischief:

610 BC.

Currency at max, republic at max, traded for it when I could.
Roaded to china and got silks + 2 gpt
6 turn anarchy sucked.
Sold off my military, went to 10% lux.

103 GPT

710 BC, 108 gpt. Still all buildings (We even build some more :ack: )

Switch some builds to settlers, we need more towns.
Check wonders for a Golden Age chance - bad! Two wonders to capture and a small to build - to long for a quick game... No Golden Age this game :(

Establish some embassies. Persia and India without Iron... :evil: China has both :shifty:

MM to get Currency in 4 turns (0.10.0)

925 reach Middle Ages. Trade Curr to Korea for Monarchy, they get Monotheism. We get Engineering. Persia gets Feudalism.

850 we meet Russia. Trade Currency for 195g (101 gifted), they draw Mono :bounce:
get Mono for Engineering. Gift Monarchy.
Persia does not offer Feud for Lit, Mon, Eng and 50gpt :gripe:
Trade Eng to Korea for 20gpt, 240g (195 gifted).
Trade Monarchy to India for 200g (180 gifted).
Revolt, draw 6 turns anarchy :ack:

800 Arabs demand Mono. We tell them where to get it, they dow.
775 Ally India for Literature.

730 trade Wines, Incense for Silks to China. Lux (10.0.0)
710 MM all cities to max commerce.
Sell 290g to Russia for 13gpt. We are making 108gpt. No wealth, no taxmen, no riots.

Way too easy, I overestimated this.
I should have revolted earlier, focus on building roads to neighbors and along rivers to max trade. Best date might be 875 BC :hmm:

But fun it was. Nice idea. :goodjob:

Nice, Paul :) I figured that monarchy wouldn't give enough gpt to get up to 100 - I didn't think enough about getting so much gpt from the other civs. I got 2...

Monarchy gave me plenty of gpt. See my screenshot (710 BC).

Same date, 1gpt more? :aargh::gripe: :cry:
Could I sell some improvements and submit again? :please: :ack:

:D

Nice, Paul :) I figured that monarchy wouldn't give enough gpt to get up to 100 - I didn't think enough about getting so much gpt from the other civs. I got 2...

Thanks. I was surprised either. Meeting Russia was huge in that department.

Top Bottom