Could This Relate To Civilization IV?

Undertaker798

I studied on killin' you!
Twins Die While Dad Plays Video Game

Twenty-four year-old Gregg Kleinmark of Fostoria, Ohio left his ten-month twins in a bathtub unsupervised while he played a game (we don’t know which one) and smoked a cigarette. Both children drowned to death while he was gone.

He is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. His wife, Rachel, has filed for divorce.

"I messed up and it’s going to haunt me for the rest of my life," Kleinmark commented remorsefully. He also stated that he visits the graves every day.

--

I found this on Cheatcc.com, could this possibly be anything to do with civilization?

Edit: Thanks for moving thread, I didn't know this part existed!!

I'm pretty sure this relates to raw stupidity more than anything.

Undertaker798 said:
Twins Die While Dad Plays Video Game

Twenty-four year-old Gregg Kleinmark of Fostoria, Ohio left his ten-month twins in a bathtub unsupervised while he played a game (we don’t know which one) and smoked a cigarette. Both children drowned to death while he was gone.

He is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. His wife, Rachel, has filed for divorce.

"I messed up and it’s going to haunt me for the rest of my life," Kleinmark commented remorsefully. He also stated that he visits the graves every day.

--

I found this on Cheatcc.com, could this possibly be anything to do with civilization?

It more likely has to do with irresponsible behavior patterns....

This is a horrible story, but I doubt the game in question was Civ IV. Now, if the story was that the dad left his kids in the bathtub, then went off to play the game, then later discovered that his kids had grown up, married, and had kids of their own while he was playing... THAT would probably be Civ IV.

Steelsmith said:
This is a horrible story, but I doubt the game in question was Civ IV. Now, if the story was that the dad left his kids in the bathtub, then went off to play the game, then later discovered that his kids had grown up, married, and had kids of their own while he was playing... THAT would probably be Civ IV.

What im about to say is an insult in this thread, but: LOL, growing up and marrying, lool.

Wow, this is actually worse than the South Korean guy who died of a heart attack after playing Warcraft III for 50 hours straight. At least, I think it was Warcraft III.

Please. The death of these two children is much too sad to make any fun about it. Any. It doesn't really matter which game was involved either.

Psyringe said:
Please. The death of these two children is much too sad to make any fun about it. Any. It doesn't really matter which game was involved either.
What the... :confused:

yeah it doesnt matter what game it was... and in that, this thread does not belong on this forum.

okay, I feel less idiotic for forgetting to feed my cat during my 36-hour marathon binge once I got it at all playable. . .

ouch for him.
methinks CIV not to blame. . . methinks walking away from kids in bathtub for ANY reason to blame.

but then, there is my poor hungry cat. . .

Why would you leave two 10-month olds in a bathtub to go play a game anyways? I don't even see how it's relevent what game it is. The guy left two infants in a bathtub unsupervised to play a game and smoke a cigarette.

Wow, this is actually worse than the South Korean guy who died of a heart attack after playing Warcraft III for 50 hours straight. At least, I think it was Warcraft III.
Everquest, IIRC.

That's a tragic occurrence ... dammit ... I love computer games as much as the next person, and probably play them too much, but I'd never shelve freaking responsibility, common sense and my own humanity. 10 month old????? Even at 7 years, what was this loser thinking? It would have been all of half an hour out of his precious bloody life ... and it has cost him everything.

This perfectly illustrates how addicitive and distracting games can be ...

Kolyana said:
That's a tragic occurrence ... dammit ... I love computer games as much as the next person, and probably play them too much, but I'd never shelve freaking responsibility, common sense and my own humanity. 10 month old????? Even at 7 years, what was this loser thinking? It would have been all of half an hour out of his precious bloody life ... and it has cost him everything.

This perfectly illustrates how addicitive and distracting games can be ...

After reading this i realised how much games (After a long period of non-stop gaming) can ruin your life, i am going to significantly cut my gaming time, thanks Kolyana.

LadyTetsu said:
okay, I feel less idiotic for forgetting to feed my cat during my 36-hour marathon binge once I got it at all playable. . .

ouch for him.
methinks CIV not to blame. . . methinks walking away from kids in bathtub for ANY reason to blame.

but then, there is my poor hungry cat. . .

And what game were *YOU* playing?

"I messed up..."

My God, that bastard wins understatement of the year award with that comment. He let his children die while playing a game, I don't think "messed up" quite covers it.

Americans do it again... :rolleyes:

Idiots do it again, you mean.

Incidentally, it's not possible to drown to anything other than death, otherwise you haven't drowned. Similarly (and a much more common error) nobody survives electrocution - it's death by electric shock.

Top Bottom