Couple basic questions for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

augy

Chieftain
First time posting, so thanks for the help.

1) How does the food mechanic work when creating settlers/workers? I noticed in civ 4 that your city no longer produces food towards population while these 2 units are being created.
2) Do buildings in a city contribute to the drain on your funds? IE, if I build a temple (example), will it cost me so much gold each turn? Or do buildings not cost gold/turn?

Assuming you are asking about Civilization Revolution (PS3, 360, DS, iPhone) since you posted in the CivRev section...

1. Food fills up the population bar. At the beginning of the game it requires 10 food * the current population to increase the population. Settlers reduce the population by 2 unless you are a Republic, then it's only 1. One quirk is the population reduction (when a settler is completed) occurs before the population increase (when the population bar fills). Using this it is possible to time it correctly and effectively lose one less population when the settler is built. Unlike other Civs, food is only required to increase population, not maintain the current population (i.e. no starvation).

2. In Civ Rev buildings do not require maintenance, only production to build them in the first place. Buildings may be destroyed by enemy spies and certain buildings (temple, cathedral and walls IIRC) are automatically destroyed when a city is captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom