Couple of doubts about Nights

kjades

Chieftain
Hi guyz, I'm really ejoying playing Nights as mod, since Vanilla seemed to me a little poor in comparison...(btw, I'm hoping we will soon see a Gods and Kings version of Nights :) ).
Anyway, I got a couple of questions...

- Great people use has been changed, hasn't it? Meaning, a great scientist cannot build an academy anymore, a great artist what he used to be able to build, and so on....right? Do they only have one-use skills? No more tile improvements?

- Policy adoption. Ok, I'm playing as Greece and going heavily cultural, so I managed to unlock two complete branches (piety and commerce) and now I'm aiming to Patronage.
The doubt is, since I prefer keeping Piety as main policy branch, is there a way to do it? I mean, it seems a little strange that I have to choose as main policy branch patronage even though I only have one or two policies unlocked in this branch, while the other two are completed... :| so, basically, is there a way to give the "preference" to keep one branch (and its bonuses of course) while using other social policy points to choose other features to improve the empire? Hope the question was plain and clear :)

Thx a bunch guyz.

Hi guyz, I'm really ejoying playing Nights as mod, since Vanilla seemed to me a little poor in comparison...(btw, I'm hoping we will soon see a Gods and Kings version of Nights :) ).
Anyway, I got a couple of questions...

- Great people use has been changed, hasn't it? Meaning, a great scientist cannot build an academy anymore, a great artist what he used to be able to build, and so on....right? Do they only have one-use skills? No more tile improvements?

- Policy adoption. Ok, I'm playing as Greece and going heavily cultural, so I managed to unlock two complete branches (piety and commerce) and now I'm aiming to Patronage.
The doubt is, since I prefer keeping Piety as main policy branch, is there a way to do it? I mean, it seems a little strange that I have to choose as main policy branch patronage even though I only have one or two policies unlocked in this branch, while the other two are completed... :| so, basically, is there a way to give the "preference" to keep one branch (and its bonuses of course) while using other social policy points to choose other features to improve the empire? Hope the question was plain and clear :)

Thx a bunch guyz.

GP use has changed - yes. They only have their skills now, and the improvements they were once able to build are now worker improvements you unlock through the tech tree.

As for the policies, I'm not really sure what you mean... :crazyeye: We can't change how policies unlock - ie you can't choose sub-policies without unlocking the main branch of a tree. It's all or nothing in that regard as our coding tools on that front are pretty structured.

Ok, I was not really clear with the second question :)
Example:

I manage to unlock all the features form a branch, PIETY.
Then, since I keep on collecting points, I have to spend them starting a new branch, e.g. COMMERCE.
Can I keep the general benefits of the PIETY branch (those described near the name of the branch in the upper part, for piety should be something like a general bonus to social points in all the cities) even though I started a new branch? Is there a way to keep a certain branch "activated" even though unlocking features from other branches (in order to keep general benefits from the previous branch)?

Hope this time was clearer :S

Ok, I was not really clear with the second question :)
Example:

I manage to unlock all the features form a branch, PIETY.
Then, since I keep on collecting points, I have to spend them starting a new branch, e.g. COMMERCE.
Can I keep the general benefits of the PIETY branch (those described near the name of the branch in the upper part, for piety should be something like a general bonus to social points in all the cities) even though I started a new branch? Is there a way to keep a certain branch "activated" even though unlocking features from other branches (in order to keep general benefits from the previous branch)?

Hope this time was clearer :S

All branches stay permanently active - nothing ever gets deactivated in that regard like in vanilla. So even if you fully fill out Piety and start Commerce, you keep any and all Piety policies you've activated, including the branch opener.

Ok, that was what I wanted to hear :)
Thanks again for the help!

Top Bottom