CP Graphic Bug & Unit Cycle Bug

[c3c] V 1.15

This a minor graphics bug that has appeared in several of my games. It has no apparent cause:

Save File

Also with some frequency:after using a unit it won't cycle to the next unit. The use buttons disappear but the unit remains circled and then nothing happens. You can manually pick unused units but they don't cycle to the next unit either. The units don't move with the goto button, but will move with the move group button.
If you save and reload; the problem is solved(Thus no save is posted). I have had this happen when there are no other programs running in the backround.

The graphic bug is leftover from an army or ship that has an upper display box. It didn't get shifted over with the lower one but the screen clears the newer shifted position.

Yes, the upper info box does not clear completely.

The second problem is somewhat more irritating. After a little more testing with this game: The problem tends to occur after a bombing/artillery mission. As C3C is not the quickest reloading game -- this is a problem. Sadly I can play this game for hours without the glitch but it'll happen the next time I reload it.

For the record, there have been reports about the second problem:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1433222#post1433222

For me, it only happened in the early game (most likely right after hut-popping/destroying a barb camp or founding a new city). In that game phase, I could manually (shift-right-click...) assign go-to commands (etc) to 'ignored' units. Those units won't do anything during the turn, but the commands are executed in the interturn. The problem is often gone in the next turn.
I understand that this bug is really annoying in a later game phase, though.:(

This problem is somewhat different than the one described in the thread you've mentioned. The game is not ignoring units -- it is "arresting" between the unit's action and the cycle to the next unused unit.

It is similar in that at later game stages you are required to tediously check every unautomated unit or accept a no action turn for unchecked units.

As this bug is not repeatable I willing to bet it will be almost impossible to fix.

This is not a new bug. :(

I have had this occur in vanilla civ3, at least over two years ago. At the time I was playing on Marla's Earth Map - before we realised how slow civ3 would be on large maps in late game. At the time I put it down to lack of CPU speed and insufficient memory. I was using, and infact still am - a 400Mz Cellerion with 128MB Ram.

I can still play C3C on standard size maps, but late game get the same problem. :cool:

So as a non-informed guess - it as probarley a memory overload problem. Maybe if the game could write RAM memory to disk more often (caching) it might improve. Windows is not very good at doing that. IMHO - :crazyeye: Hope MS do not sue me over that comment. No offense meant MS. :)

Top Bottom