Crash at specific turn

madmatt55

Chieftain
Hi,

I have a problem with the game (G&K) crashing between two specific turns, only in my current game. I have never seen this crash before on my system. Googling did not seem to turn up any decent result. I've been wondering if anyone would be so kind to try loading up my save to see if it crashes on their machine too? The ancient wonders, denmark and korea DLCs at least would be needed, though. This way I could narrow the search to my computer or just accept that if's a game bug. I tried autosaves up to 2 turns back, still crashes after turn 219. The only event that I could determine which will happen that turn is end of a trade to siam, but it still crashes during the computer turn even if i cut the deal short by DOWing him.

Just load the game and hit "End Turn". I always get a CTD after a barb privateer dies to my frigate.

In any case, if anybody has seen this behavior before and knows a solution, I'm open to ideas ;)

EDIT: Oh, if someone actually can end this turn without crashing, I would LOVE to get the save at the start of the next turn to continue my game. First deity game which looks like it might be able to be won by me...

Attachments

• Dido_0219 AD-1545.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 293
Man that is tough. It has nothing to do with other civs, they have already moved. You may try doing a few saves way back and see what happens after the barbarians move. It seems that it may be a trigger that one of your cities may be setting off.

Did you just capture Nanjeng? It looks like you are letting it burn. If that is the case don't forget to sell an improvment each turn. I sold the public shool, but it did not make a difference. You may try to sell a different building, but that one gave 75 gold.

The barbarian ship that is destroyed comes down from the empty camp nearby Nanjeng, and I was able to see it stop, but then the game froze. I don't think that it is the barbarian portion that is freezing, but maybe a city state action or maybe something at the beginning of your next available moves. There was the trespassing in Milan message. But without spending a lot of more time on it, it is hard to tell if the city states come first or the barbarians.

I will try some more things in the next few days. You may have to figure out which of your own messages pops up at the beginning of your turn to see if you can change a city build que, ctizen production, that is causing the issue. I did move the ironclad to try and stop the chinese settler. It was short a space. It did get hit by their newest city, but was not that badly damaged and should have earned experience points. That however did not change what is popping up and causing the issue. If you get to the next turn, you may want to take some frigates and destroy that settler before they create another city that you will have to deal with.

Also the frigate that keeps killing the barbarian can be moved to attack that chinese worker, which will allow it to gain experience on that turn. Or there are two other frigates if you would like to give them the experience points.

Thanks for trying, so it seems that somehow the save is in an unrecoverable state. I had tried going back 3 turns and it still happened.

Going back 5 turns and the problem did not occur again (after just spamming space and ending turns to see what happens). I then replayed normally and it went to turn 220 without a problem. So I guess little decisions somehow led to a better outcome concerning the save :)

Thanks for the pointers too, never considered selling buildings when razing, I'll try that. The stupid settler went through and I had to burn another city, well at least some more XP...

EDIT: Just remembered, I did NOT raze Nanjeng in replaying, so it may very well be caused by this city burning.

You are not going to believe this. I re-did your save and stopped raizing Nanjing and it did not crash. Must have been a glitch when trying to burn the city. If you aren't too far ahead you can use that save, just stop burning the city.

I also confirm that the game crashes if you simply end the turn, but the crash doesn't take place if you stop razing Nanjing.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

This happened to me yesterday for the first time as well. I was playing a game and at turn 129 it would crash. During the computer's turn the music would stutter, and the game outright freezes. I tried what you guys did with the other save and backed up a few autosaves to try to re-write history, but I only made it to turn 133 before it crashed again. I'm hoping this is an isolated incident, but would like to know if someone solves it.

@naturesbandit -- The game crashes for different reasons. A fix for the problem in this thread probably wouldn't help you unless you had exactly the same situation (CTD caused by razing). If you still have a save from right before the crash, please post it in a new thread in the Bugs forum. It's also possible that your crash is caused by some incompatibility with your system. You might want to look in the Civ5 Tech Support forum to see if anything there helps.

Hi,
EDIT: Oh, if someone actually can end this turn without crashing, I would LOVE to get the save at the start of the next turn to continue my game. First deity game which looks like it might be able to be won by me...

Did you get the win? I managed at turn 302 1864. Siam built the UN on turn 292. I had to back track four turns after he stole my allies. I dow him then, and locked him out by having them at war with him.

You had a great early game, better than I ever had on diety.

I would also like to add that there is a graphics glitch that is not letting some of the fishing boats to change types after the era change.

Since Civ5 came up I never played a game (epic/marathon) to the end.

No matter if it was Civ5 or "Gods'Kings". It crashes beyond 425+-some turns/marathon 300/epic+-some turns. Although I changed motherboard and graphic card over the years.
it was still the same.

DXDiag was already attached.

Top Bottom