Crash when opening game

Dovey

Chieftain
Game crashes before the splash screen comes up, when loaded from both the shortcut and the mod menu. Strangely, all other mods work fine - even Age of Ice.

I'm on Vista 32 bit and BTS 3.19 with UAC disabled. The crash occurs both with and without patch J. I have also tried reinstalling to no effect.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: MSVCR71.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.10.3052.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e561eac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000028ed
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 3c04
Additional Information 2: 7f8a085c4e5875ea037589b22bfcd15b
Additional Information 3: 8275
Additional Information 4: e8be582c0e307e4affd2ce9cfd388eeb

Since Civ and the mods that came with it (of which AoI is one) work fine, and BtS is patched correctly, I suspect that a FfH2 installation problem is the cause of your crash.

I suggest that you consult my guide, How to Install FfH2, for assistance with the installation process. Begin with the section Recovering from a failed installation attempt. The guide has been designed to help you find the cause of installation problems, and correct them. If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

No problem.

My recommendation is to always download the mod (and patches) from the links Kael provides, such as those from the first post of the Bug Thread.

I have the same problem but do not know how to disable UAP. Either way, it loaded and downloaded the full set of files but I got the same error. I'm going to try this and report back in case anyone else is in my boat.

All of a sudden, FFH2 started to crash on startups, either when opened directly from the FFH .exe link or loaded from the mod section of BtS. My version was 0.41a.

I installed the newest patch and am still getting crashes on startup. Any ideas on why this occurs and what to do about it?

Should I delete the mod and reinstall it, then patch it?

FfH2 0.41a requires BtS v3.17 to work. If you installed the BtS v3.19 patch recently, then that may have been why you began to encounter crashes.

FfH2 0.41j requires BtS v3.19 to work. If you have not installed the BtS v3.19 patch yet, then that may be why the game is crashing.

Do you know what version of BtS you are using? You can check by loading into BtS, and then from the main menu choose "ADVANCED", then "ABOUT THIS BUILD".

I think it is version 3.17, I'll get 3.19 and try again

thanks

Top Bottom