Crashes while starting game (Steam)

Oberon4278

Chieftain
Hi, Colonization is crashing as soon as I try to start a game. I just click the Play Now option, and as soon as I see the screen to pick a leader it crashes.

Things I've tried:

Verifying integrity of local files. For some reason this always says at least one local file needs to be reacquired.
Reinstalling.
Lowering graphics settings.
Running in compatibility mode for every version of Windows down to XP SP2.

Here's the crash in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: Colonization.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x53869b24
Faulting module name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll, version: 0.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5367310a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00093410
Faulting process id: 0xe88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b0cc7d04816d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Civilization IV Colonization\Colonization.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Report Id: c6bcc53e-1cbf-11e9-82e2-10c37b6e782a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Exception code 0xc0000005 is an access violation error. Not sure how to find out what's at offset 0x00093410 without having access to the code, or to a compilation with debug symbols included.

DX Diagnosis included. This has been driving me crazy for a while now, it's preventing me from contributing to development of my favorite mod. Any help would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    63.7 KB · Views: 133
Do not install games in C:\Program Files...
If you do in Windows versions starting with XP and newer then the game expects to have administrator rights.
You could try to run the game using administrator rights, but better install games somewhere different, e.g. I use M:\Steam\... to install my Steam games.

Top Bottom