• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Crashing when loading map

Substrike22

Chieftain
The game is crashing when I try to start a game. I get in the menu, pick all the options (I've been trying to run Erebus Continents), push "Play Now!" and then the game crashes. Thoughts? I've tried everything. The problem started with Fall Further, so I uninstalled that, and now RifE is crashing at the same spot. Vanilla BTS is launching into games properly, but I can't seem to get any FFH stuff to launch correctly.

Also vanilla FF2 is launching properly as well. Just can't get any of the modmods to get past the maps.

Yes, I just uninstalled the whole thing and re-installed it and it's still not working. Still crashing on the "initializing" part of loading the map.

I had this or a similar problem, not with FFH but with A New Dawn (another mod). Turned out it wouldn't load any maps for me if they had more than about 10 000 tiles, and would crash on the "initialising" stage. So, default size huge maps and a lot of custom maps wouldn't work, but large would work fine. Actually, some maps with VERY simple code would work on huge (continents, pangaea), but not the fun ones.

So, maybe try smaller sized maps or use bad mapscripts? I don't actually know the origin of the problem though :(

The game is crashing when I try to start a game. I get in the menu, pick all the options (I've been trying to run Erebus Continents), push "Play Now!" and then the game crashes. Thoughts? I've tried everything. The problem started with Fall Further, so I uninstalled that, and now RifE is crashing at the same spot. Vanilla BTS is launching into games properly, but I can't seem to get any FFH stuff to launch correctly.

Did you do a full install using the downloads and patches or did you use the SVN client? If the latter, did you install it over an existing install of the RiFE mod or install it to a new directory. Installing the SVN beta version into a new directory will require you to copy the fpak file from the RiFE directory into that new directory.

If a full install with all the exe's and patches, what size games are you trying to play?

Is Civ and RTS updated to the latest patches and done correctly in order for mods to work properly? See here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537 (If you're on Vista or Win 7, that is.)

Top Bottom