Nemanja Lukovic

Chieftain
I have been wondering for quite some time why have the developers never made a Serbian Civilisation after all the CIVs they came up with so far?

It has started raising suspicion that the developers have a cognitive dissonance towards our history and our existence as a civilisation that dates even from the 6th century.

Lets me mention one of the most highlighted Dynasty's of the Royal Families of our CIV:

Stefan Nemanja was the Grand Prince of the Serbian Grand Principality from 1166 to 1196. A member of the Vukanović dynasty, Nemanja founded the Nemanjić dynasty, and is remembered for his contributions to Serbian culture and history, founding what would evolve into the Serbian Empire, as well as the national Eastern Orthodox church.

Stefan Uroš IV Dušan, known as Dušan the Mighty, was the King of Serbia from 8 September 1331 and Tsar and autocrat of the Serbs and Greeks from 16 April 1346 until his death. Dušan conquered a large part of southeast Europe, becoming one of the most powerful monarchs of the era.

Đorđe Petrović OSA, better known by the sobriquet Black George, or Karađorđe, was a Serbian revolutionary who led the struggle for his country's independence from the Ottoman Empire during the First Serbian Uprising of 1804–1813.

I wont bother you any further with more historical details here as i think the developers of this game should do their own research respectably as they did for all other CIV's they created in this game.

I have been wondering for quite some time why the developers have not made a Serbian Civilisation after all the CIVs they came up with so far? Dont you guys think that its fair that every person in the world that gets to play CIV6 can have an opportunity to play with their own CIV? (Otherwise you take the taste away from those who dont have that opportunity)
I have found some earlier discussions on the same subject where people had very insulting responses as: "its not necessary" "Europe is too overcrowded already" and etc. What i find also very irritating is that the developers have already started putting in more leaders of the same CIV into the game and it kind of raised my suspicions that the developers have a cognitive dissonance towards our history and our existence as a civilisation that dates even from the 6th century. Serbia as a CIV exists way before some CIV's that are already in the game.
Its not even hard to find all the information, its all over Wikipedia just type in Serbian Empire. Its easy as that. I think the developers of CIV6 should do their own research respectably as they did for all other CIV's when they created in this game. #CIV6 #SerbianCIV #SerbianEmpire #Balkan

Last edited by a moderator:
i suspect it is the same reason why there is no armenian or bangladesh civ . also the same reason there is a canadian and australian civ.
why do you suspect it has something to do with money? and potantial sale numbers? i never said that.

I'm sure you could ask the same question for a couple of hundred other civilizations that have risen and fallen through the ages.

Personally, I'd welcome a Serbian civ if we to have several more slots for civs and they sound like a good option. But, like everyone else is saying, the same thing could be said about any number of civs that still aren't in like Burma, Bulgaria, a majority of American Native and African civs, etc. We'll have to just keep our fingers crossed for the future!

I'd love see such civ too. Civ series has East Slavs (Russia) and West Slavs (Poland) so far, but doesn't have South Slavs. Serbia would have been a good representation of Balkan Slavic Orthodox culture.

Illiri tribes, yes. As they were there from Neolithic time.

Nikola Tesla. HIMSELF alone justifies Serbia to be included.

Lepa Brena could be also made a GP as musician...

Hungary on the other hand lasted longer, so did Austria. Both had control over Serbia.
Yugoslav was a wide multi-cultural nation before what happened.

I would like to see Malta as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom