Creating Mosh Pits

Mai Pipi Styngs

Chieftain
Hi everyone. Fairly new poster long time lurker. (since civ 4) I thought i might share an idea along with more specific details about using diplomacy to warmonger. Most threads i read make a simple statement like "get one of your friends to DoW first". While this is basically true it can be frustrating to some people when they ask a friendly civ to DoW their target and they refuse no matter what is offered. Solution...Create a Mosh Pit. In most games i've played early on someone will give me the "differences with so and so have gotten to where they can only be settled on the battlefield" or something like that. Don't join them refuse instead and oftentimes without your help they will not DoW. Wait a few turns and build up a few military units. You may get another similar message from someone else. When you are ready to hit your target bribe someone ... anyone to DoW whoever. Even if it isn't your intended target, doesn't matter get the ball rolling. Once someone else is the first to DoW they become the "everyone hates you" guy. Also once the pit is created it becomes easier to bribe others into joining the fracas. I may be wrong but it seems to me that the AI's biggest priority is not to throw the first punch. Once someone else does they seem kind of eager to jump into the pit and start throwing head butts and elbows. And that's when you DoW your target. With a little practice and some good timing by the time you DoW your target half or even all the "known world" is already thrashing away. I have even created a free for all with Portugal, Morocco, and Ethiopia ... yes Ethiopia to keep the 3 to the west of me busy while i DoW'ed Poland (as monty) who forward settled me just to take the forward settled city and suffered little or no serious long term diplo consequences.

It can be a bit of a gamble, but I find bribing to DoW a CS can get you a pariah.

It can be a bit of a gamble, but I find bribing to DoW a CS can get you a pariah.

I agree. Bribe Genghis if he is in the game. He will probably kill the CS(huge bonus against them) which guarantees hatred by everyone. Plus you can then be the hero by liberating the CS and having a long-term ally for no diplomatic cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get away with 1 DOW and 1 city capture and still receive DOFs if you aren't able to get allies. Make sure you do have allies when you DOW a second time. I agree with OP it seems the AI won't get involved unless someone else is. Early warmongering can be very beneficial if you play it right.

Top Bottom