Creating new units with mixed models

You are correct; I believe the .ftsxml is crafted from a barbarian warrior unit. I made it for the Tiger units I converted about a month ago. I just renamed it and assigned the respective .gr2 and .dds files in the .fxsxml's.

The looping issue is due to the length of the animations not syncing with the triggers. Since they are custom animations they are being applied to triggers that aren't designed for them, thus the lack of synchronicity. It is more apparent in some animations than with others.

If you want to eliminate the city attack lag, I believe you could just copy the sounds from the AttackA event code (1100) to those for 1160 and 1180 (see the tutorial if you don't know how to do this). I could be mistaken as I haven't tried it yet, so let me know it that works. There may be something in the city attack mechanics that we haven't figured out yet.

Thanks for the heads-up!
I wasn't sure if this file was crafted for the wolves or not, but if not, I might go through the other files again and see what I can put together with the other units. (For one, I think it'd be pretty cool to pull the heavy footsteps of those war elephants for my giant wolf unit.)

I did have a suspicion that there was some weird synchronization issue, but I had no proof, nor knowledge of how anything worked. I'm glad you confirmed that.

As for your suggestion, that did the trick.
I followed your guide, though I suppose in reverse, since your guide wanted to use the flaming arrow for a normal attack. However, I didn't just copy the sound triggers; I copied everything from 1100 to 1160, which included one "Action" trigger.

I also saw that the models referenced event code 2100, so I went ahead and copied that into 1180.

What happens now is that the unit will cycle through the attack animation once on the city, then stop, and damage numbers appear as normal. I believe there was one instance where no animation happened and damage numbers appeared, so there's probably still a small bit of synchronization mismatch going on, but it's definitely not as bad as with the torches.

I also think I fixed all the other models/skins from Civitar's Wolf pack, using your corrected animations. I say think, though, because I'm not sure if the process I used was correct, or if it might have accidentally broken something due to my lack of knowledge about the process.

What I did was to separate all of his skins' DDS files into separate folders, then I copied your working fxsxml and gr2 model files into each folder. Then I renamed everything, and edited the fxsxml to reflect the correct names. Finally, I loaded up each individual gr2 in NexusBuddy2 and set their BaseTextureMap to their matching DDS files. Saved everything, and tossed them into ModBuddy, and off I went.

It seems to be working, but if I've made a terrible mistake here, please let me know!

Otherwise, I am loving the diversity, and you even managed to keep the Howling animation intact!
Spoiler :

With all that said, and having tried out the trigger replacement following your guide (it felt a lot simpler than it looked..) I think I'll try to put together some more triggers from the cavalry-type units, although I'm still not quite clear on which event codes are the minimum necessary. At least, I assume I should have something for every event code you have listed in your provided file, and I shouldn't remove any, but it sounds like if I add any more, they would only be randomly picked.

Is there any sort of reference for which event codes do what?

Is there any sort of reference for which event codes do what?

These are most of the event codes I have determined thus far; there are certainly more, especially for specialized units:

Spoiler :

1000 = IdleA
1020 = IdleA_Trans_IdleB
2000 = IdleB
2020 = IdleB_Trans_IdleA
1040 = FidgetA
2040 = FidgetB
1100 = AttackA
2100 = AttackB
1120 = Charge_Run
1140 = Charge_Attack
1160 = Attack_City
1180 = Bombardment
1190 = Worker_Captured
1195 = Worker_Captured_Idle
1200 = DeathA
1220 = DeathA_Idle
2200 = DeathB
2220 = DeathB_Idle
1280 = Bombard_Defense
1285 = Bombard_Defense_Idle
1290 = Bombard_Defense_Idle_Trans_IdleA
1400 = Run
1440 = Stop_Run
2440 = Stop_Run_IdleB
1450 = Shuffle
1460 = TurnRunRight
1480 = TurnRunLeft
1500 = Fortify
1520 = Fortify_Idle
1540 = Fortify_Idle_Fidget
1560 = Fortify_Idle_Trans_Combat_Ready_Idle
1580 = Fortify_Idle_Trans_IdleA
1600 = Combat_Ready
1620 = Combat_Ready_Idle
1640 = Combat_Ready_Idle_Trans_IdleA
1700 = Aim_Left
1705 = Aim_Right
1710 = Aim_Center
1800 = Victory
1910 = Worker_Shovel
1920 = Worker_Rake
1930 = Worker_Axe
1940 = Worker_Pickaxe
1950 = Worker_Hammer
1960 = Worker_Railroad
1990 = GP_Build
1995 = Worker_Activate_Idle

Thanks for the list!

I'll try and see if I can get anything decent working, or if it all blows up in my face again..
The City Attack "lag" feels kind of unpredictable at the moment, since sometimes it feels like I have Quick Combat turned on, other times it looks fine, and there are still a few times where it'll "hang" there for about 3-4 seconds.

Top Bottom