Crossbowmen until modern era (a possibile solution)

Then I would guess that the Gattling gun comes in around the time of the Rifleman, and that the Machinegun comes in around the WW1 Infantry unit.

That way the gap from Crossbowman to Gattling gun resemble Longsword to Rifle.

Then I would guess that the Gattling gun comes in around the time of the Rifleman, and that the Machinegun comes in around the WW1 Infantry unit.

That way the gap from Crossbowman to Gattling gun resemble Longsword to Rifle.

Yes, it's not the best but fits with the current tech tree philosophy: medieval warfare remains until Rifling.
I hope in a next expansion that enhance the reinassance (pike & musket) and napoleonic (artillery, chivalry, line infantry) warfare, filling the gap between medieval and XIX century warfare :)

IMO they could:

1: Intruduce a new early musket unit(arquebus) and let crossbow upgrade to musketmen.

2: Move crossbow back and nerf it, then upgrade to musketmen.

3: Give it a special penalty so it cant fire at gunpowder units who are more the 1 tile away.

IMO they could:

1: Intruduce a new early musket unit(arquebus) and let crossbow upgrade to musketmen.

2: Move crossbow back and nerf it, then upgrade to musketmen.

3: Give it a special penalty so it cant fire at gunpowder units who are more the 1 tile away.

1) Yes, it's a realistic way to add the pike & musket age.
2) Yes.
3) Yes, i like it, but aquebusers also need this promotion, or they can shoot to riflemen like crossbowmen currently do.

But they have to add a Reinassance Pikemen unit, like the Lanzknecht (that is not medieval!).

The problem is the crazyness of unit selection. We have "Musketman" to represent 400 years of Infantry and Gatling to represent 40 year of light artillery.

The German Panzer, Japanese Zero, American B-17+ Minuteman and the AA-gun wasnt historically long lasting units either. By the time we came to the 20th century the speed at which military technology became available, and became obsolete, vastly increased. So some of the newer units seems somewhat misplaces.

Like the jet fighter what does it represent? the jet fighters of late WWII or the today state of the art non-steath fighters?

Same goes for the modern armour unit.

But im confident that Firaxis will come up with some selution to it all... Otherwise we will just b!tch at them to have it fixed in a future patch :goodjob:

The German Panzer, Japanese Zero, American B-17+ Minuteman and the AA-gun wasnt historically long lasting units either. By the time we came to the 20th century the speed at which military technology became available, and became obsolete, vastly increased. So some of the newer units seems somewhat misplaces.

Like the jet fighter what does it represent? the jet fighters of late WWII or the today state of the art non-steath fighters?

Same goes for the modern armour unit.

But im confident that Firaxis will come up with some selution to it all... Otherwise we will just at them to have it fixed in a future patch :goodjob:

You are right, but i still feel MORE disappointed fore the over-simplification of the 1400 - 1840 infantry :)

Zulus beating British rifles, remember... :D Actually right now ranged units are OP. With the introduction of 100HP as well as battles taking more time, it won't be easy to kill a rifle with an archer & would probably take about 5 turns. Still even in real world a very experienced & professional squad of archers can definately takedown an untrained & dumb riflemen who are standing there & not avoiding getting hit.

Sort of like Ewoks taking down Stormtroopers? Sorry had to be said. :p

Top Bottom