Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

General666, the one I uploaded is the latest, 2.11.0, and is the final version shown in the first post, released on May 12, 2005.

Dianthus said:
The current version of CRpSuite on my website is 2.11.0

Dianthus said:
The latest downloads and information (including screenshots. Note though that the CRpMapStat screenshot is out of date, and doesn't show the new Trading/Flipping views) can be found on my website (Last Updated : 12th May 2005 : 13:00 BST).

The one on the post before me is version 2.8.2 (not 2.82) and was released on December 21, 2004.

The numbering system threw me off too - had to double and triple check that. :)

Hmmm... yeah I see your argue. Like you say : The numbering system ...

...is quite logical from a Visual Studio (I'm assuming this was built in Visual Studio) or pretty much any software package perspective. It's a typical V[ersion].R[elease].P[atch] number.

...is quite logical from a Visual Studio (I'm assuming this was built in Visual Studio) or pretty much any software package perspective. It's a typical V[ersion].R[elease].P[atch] number.

Yeah ,but not to switch to the next higher version number after 9 has been reached is always good for a bit confusion. :lol:

Just uploaded the final version to the database. CRpSuite 2.11.0
Every Civ 3 player should have this or Ainwood's CivAssist II. :)

I downloaded CRpSuite 2.11.0 and installed it.

Well, it IS a suite of programs...3 or 4 as I recall. Make a desktop shortcut to whichever one(s) you wish to use. All are useful for vanilla, but only MapStat for C3C (my opinion). Click on the icon before starting up Civ, or ctl+alt to your desktop mid-game and click on it.

None of the programs in the suite come up automatically until after you activate them. I use only MapStat and it will refresh itself everytime you do a manual save or go to the next turn, BUT.... If you change to another civ/game (like from Persia to China), you will need to manually pull up the new file the first time after you make that change.

But I dont really understand how to use it proprely. I want CRpMapStat especially. It does not update automatically at the end of the turn or "go to the next turn". Just when I save a game manually it will be updated.

And is it normal that MapStat is not visible in the game ? I have to go back to Windows first.

Make sure you have MapStat open when playing civ III. Use "alt+tab" to open MapStat. Once open, click "ctrl+r" to update MapStat to the latest save. If that doesn't work, click on "File" and then "Open Recent" to update MapStat to the most recent save (the autosave). Then you can go through the tabs to see a bunch of stuff. I mainly use the Trading and Happiness tabs, though Food (to maximize production and growth through micromanagement) can also serve you well, and pollution definitely can also, as well as plenty of the other tabs.

Naok are you talking about Mapstat changing each turn? Do you have the monitor directories enabled for all directories that could be used, including autosave? I only use Mapstat a few times a year, so manually refreshing the save is fine for me.

Make sure you have MapStat open when playing civ III. Use "alt+tab" to open MapStat. Once open, click "ctrl+r" to update MapStat to the latest save. If that doesn't work, click on "File" and then "Open Recent" to update MapStat to the most recent save (the autosave). Then you can go through the tabs to see a bunch of stuff. I mainly use the Trading and Happiness tabs, though Food (to maximize production and growth through micromanagement) can also serve you well, and pollution definitely can also, as well as plenty of the other tabs.

The "ctrl+r" helps me. Thanks Spoonwood.

Naok are you talking about Mapstat changing each turn? Do you have the monitor directories enabled for all directories that could be used, including autosave? I only use Mapstat a few times a year, so manually refreshing the save is fine for me.

Yes, I have.

Allright, it works. I just have to make "alt+tab" and "ctrl+r" and I get an updated MapStat.

Thanks

After being away from Civ3 for a couple of years, and now running Windows 10, CRpSuite 2.11.0 doesn't install.

When I click on the file CRpSuite2B0 to install it, I get a popup box saying
Error 1316. A network error occurred when trying to read from the file.

Any ideas?

I've been using the disk versions of the game with CrpSuite for a long time. I can't say how much I've enjoyed MapStat.

Does CrpSuite, and especially MapStat, work with the Steam version? With the GOG version? Whether such is likely to work or not might be useful for anyone who still has the disk version and is considering changing versions (perhaps to get a patch or mod working...).

I can confirm that the GOG version allows MapStat to work with a Windows 8 computer. I think Puppeteer recently said that people couldn't get MapStat running on a windows 10 computer.

I bought a new win11 laptop, and I have mapstat working with the steam version of civ3. It took zero finagling.

Edit: I suppose I should say steam, civ3 and CRp are installed outside of the Program Files folder

Moderator Action: I've fixed up the link to this in the Downloads Database, linked the thread, removed the duplicate in the Downloads Database, and changed the remaining links to Dianthus's website to the Internet Archive version, as its registration had lapsed.

Thanks to @MeteorPunch for having uploaded the copy that survived the test of time! Since it is CFC-hosted, it should survive as long as the site itself.

CRpSuite is also working out-of-the-box for me on 8.1 x64.

Top Bottom