CS razed by CS

The_Quasar

King
I relieved Sumer of Granada, and set it to rule itself. Ok so far!
However, a couple of turns later, Kabul (who was allied to Sumer) razed it! This is the first time I can remember that a CS has raised another CS. However, it may have been under Sumer's control (in which case they must have anticipated my granting them their independence, as they struck immediately).
Thought I'd post this as it is (at least to me) something which you don't normally see, and which I hadn't realised was even possible.

City States always raze cities they conquer because they're not allowed to have more than one city.

I have seen this also. My suzerain razed my enemy's suzerain. It was actually convenient for me because I was able to settle the spot after the city-state was razed with no warmonger penalty for me.

In Civ 6 you can raze CS but you cannot raze capitals ... since CS are often more useful than capitals, it would be nice to have the option to disable CS-razing, too, when setting up a game.

AI is probably not evaluating if it is a good strategy to raze a CS. On the other side a mechanic to conquer and puppet a CS to get the CS-bonus and the CS's loyalty is missing in Civ 6.

I have seen this also. My suzerain razed my enemy's suzerain. It was actually convenient for me because I was able to settle the spot after the city-state was razed with no warmonger penalty for me.
This is what I did also. It was in a good and rich location.

In Civ 6 you can raze CS but you cannot raze capitals ... since CS are often more useful than capitals, it would be nice to have the option to disable CS-razing, too, when setting up a game.

AI is probably not evaluating if it is a good strategy to raze a CS. On the other side a mechanic to conquer and puppet a CS to get the CS-bonus and the CS's loyalty is missing in Civ 6.
City states raze capitals, too, if they capture them. It's the only way a capital can be razed. Disabling CS razing would only prevent major civs from razing them, unless they changed something deeper regarding what happens when a CS captures a city.

Hm! In Civ5 I've seen a CS conquering another CS and keeping it instead of razing it down (as they usually do) as the conquered city counts as a capital city. It was impossible for everyone to wipe out a CS as it was a capital city.

City states raze capitals, too, if they capture them. It's the only way a capital can be razed. Disabling CS razing would only prevent major civs from razing them, unless they changed something deeper regarding what happens when a CS captures a city.

Woah! Capitals RAZED? There are rare sights in this game I've not come across yet!
And how are domination victories affected then?

Woah! Capitals RAZED? There are rare sights in this game I've not come across yet!
And how are domination victories affected then?

I have not seen a capital razed in my games, but it has been reported in this forum. I suspect that you win domination with all remaining capitals under your control (i.e., no one else has any original capitals in their control), but I have no firm evidence of this.

I saw Gorgo declare on a city-state once. It defeated her offensive, then razed all her cities except her capital. It surrounded that and reduced it to 0 HP. And that's how Gorgo spent the next 3 millennia. Despite having melee units on the front line, the city-state never took Sparta. But it did a fine job of nullifying her for the duration.

I saw Gorgo declare on a city-state once. It defeated her offensive, then razed all her cities except her capital. It surrounded that and reduced it to 0 HP. And that's how Gorgo spent the next 3 millennia. Despite having melee units on the front line, the city-state never took Sparta. But it did a fine job of nullifying her for the duration.

Wish I'd have been there and seen that...

Wish I'd have been there and seen that...
I think it was her "won't sue for white peace or agree to a loss" agenda that did her in. She could've put an end to it just by declaring peace.

It was pathetic. I was tempted to put her out of her misery, but I didn't want to take the warmonger penalty, and she was sending me tourists *cough*refugees*cough* for my cultural victory.

I think it was her "won't sue for white peace or agree to a loss" agenda that did her in. She could've put an end to it just by declaring peace.
They should probably change her agenda to just "not settling for a loss." Without the willingness for white peace, especially against a human player, she's just utterly doomed.

I too would like to disable razing a CS. I really loathe seeing "unmet player defeated" and finding out it was a CS I wanted.
In one of the games I streamed, there were 7 of 18 CS left by the time the game was over. :(

I've also watched a CS take a cap down to 0hp but never actually take it. (London btw.)

I too have also seen 2 or even 3 city CS in Civ5. Always funny when they do that.

I too would like to disable razing a CS. I really loathe seeing "unmet player defeated" and finding out it was a CS I wanted.
In one of the games I streamed, there were 7 of 18 CS left by the time the game was over. :(

I've also watched a CS take a cap down to 0hp but never actually take it. (London btw.)

I too have also seen 2 or even 3 city CS in Civ5. Always funny when they do that.

London Hasn't Fallen.

Top Bottom