• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CTD during AI turn...

blueparrot1966

Chieftain
This one's during the Wages of Sin scenario. Even after backtracking a few turns, I get a crash at the end of turn 112 no matter what I do, so I don't think it's caused by any of my actions.

I remember this being a common sort of problem a long time ago, but I haven't had it at all for a long time. Anyone have any advice?

Attachments

• AI turn crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    272.8 KB · Views: 143
This one's during the Wages of Sin scenario. Even after backtracking a few turns, I get a crash at the end of turn 112 no matter what I do, so I don't think it's caused by any of my actions.

I remember this being a common sort of problem a long time ago, but I haven't had it at all for a long time. Anyone have any advice?

Blue,

I can't load the file. Can you back track again, save every turn, and post the last turn you have before the file above?

Thanks,

Breunor

Thanks for the response Breunor, but I can't duplicate the fault now. I went back a little further, turn 104, and apparently that was enough to sidestep whatever it was.

I'm not unhappy about that, but I'd like to help you troubleshoot it even so- I get curious when this sort of thing happens, and I've been interested in your replies in other threads of this sort.

Here's another save from around that time, maybe if you can open this one, you can sort the bug out. Btw, I AM using the final release, so I assume I'm up to date.

Thanks for the feedback, and your efforts. Good Luck.

Attachments

• 8.CivBeyondSwordSave
    273.6 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the response Breunor, but I can't duplicate the fault now. I went back a little further, turn 104, and apparently that was enough to sidestep whatever it was.

I'm not unhappy about that, but I'd like to help you troubleshoot it even so- I get curious when this sort of thing happens, and I've been interested in your replies in other threads of this sort.

Here's another save from around that time, maybe if you can open this one, you can sort the bug out. Btw, I AM using the final release, so I assume I'm up to date.

Thanks for the feedback, and your efforts. Good Luck.

Thanks for trying here! Unfortunately, I still can't open the file, I get a 'load error' and then a CtD.

Have you modified any of the base files? If not, it may best if we just move on - if you have the game working, trying to recreate the bug may not be worth the effort now.

Maybe some one else can help? Can someone else try loading the file and see if you can?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Well, I've moved on with the scenario, and it's probably not worth the trouble, but now I'm wondering why you can't open my saves. No, I haven't modified them at all- don't know how. Just playing Civ games takes up too much of my time, let alone doing the modding too.

As you say, we might just move on. But just to let you know, here are the stats of what's installed on my computer.

Civ: 319
Build:3.1.9.0
Date: May 14
Build: Final Release

Thanks again for everything you do, and everyone enjoy the long weekend!

Well, I've moved on with the scenario, and it's probably not worth the trouble, but now I'm wondering why you can't open my saves. No, I haven't modified them at all- don't know how. Just playing Civ games takes up too much of my time, let alone doing the modding too.

As you say, we might just move on. But just to let you know, here are the stats of what's installed on my computer.

Civ: 319
Build:3.1.9.0
Date: May 14
Build: Final Release

Thanks again for everything you do, and everyone enjoy the long weekend!

All looks good .....

Are you sure you have patch n?

Best wishes,

Breunor

blueparrot1966, I am also unable to load either of your saves using FfH2 0.41n. To see what version of FfH2 you have open the file "[path to Civ4]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Readme 041.rtf". The version will be stated on the second line of text.

Yep, that's the problem. I just put my hard drive back together, and jumped in with the final release download. I didn't follow up and check for the latest patch. oops...

Top Bottom