CtD (Media Pack)

I've created this thread to respond to a request for troubleshooting assistance orginally posted in the Bug Thread.

Hey there,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but here goes.

I've downloaded Fall from Heaven 2 version 0.41 as well as Patch g, the Media Pack and Blue Marble for Fall from Heaven 2.

Before all that I ensured I had Beyond the Sword at 3.19.

I am able to access the Civilopedia as well as Scenarios but for some reason when I try to start a Custom Game or Play Now game, the loading bar finishes but then I get a black screen and it kicks me out to Desktop. I know this is a pretty generic problem description but I can provide more info if requested. Beyond the Sword works fine on its own as do all my other mods. I also tried changing the Accept Python value or whatever its called in the config file to 0 and 1 and either way it doesn't work.

A side-note is I experience the exact same effects with Fall Further and can't play that either. :(

Please help! I love these Mods and have played them in the past but for some reason can't do so after re-installing. Thanks for any help I can get!

It sounds like the problem may be the Blue Marble for FfH2. The crash is occurring just when the game might begin processing the data from that modmod to display the terrain. My suggestion is that you reinstall FfH2 + Media Pack + patch G, but don't install Blue Marble. Then try creating a game, and if the crash does not occur you will know that Blue Marble is responsible for the problem.

Try disabling movies, see if that help. It could be the intro movie that's crashing.

Wow, worked like a charm at least so far, started a Play Now game and seems perfect! Thanks for the expediency and helpfulness! Just out of curiousity though, is there a likely specific reason that I'm having trouble with just the Fall From Heaven movies?

Still haven't tried Fall Further but I suspect that'll be the same.

Thanks again!

The media pack you installed may be corrupted. Since disabling the movies stopped the crashes you should try redownloading and then reinstalling the media pack. Then re-enable movies and see if the crash returns.

Top Bottom