CtD on loading

Kyrei

Chieftain
This below was posted to a recent thread and instead of piggybacking that thread, I have created my own. I hope no one minds.
I am experiencing the same thing now. I haven't played this game or this MOD in a while. This is a fresh install of both Civ4: BtS and the latest FfH with patch from the first page of the thread. AFAIK everything is up to date.

BtS loads fine, and the normal from the BtS folder MODs load fine. I have tried loading it through BtS as well as using the launch shortcut. I have enabled python logs and no log messages are shown. It simply does not start. The game crashes to desktop before the splash screen or anything is shown at all.

I tried setting the screen resolution down from the 1680x1050 I usually play on but nothing. I deleted the CivilizationIV.ini file and let Civ 4 re-create it, but nothing. I am still searching through the forum for a fix but nothing so far.

I have read the "How to install FfH" thread and followed it carefully, but still nothing.

Can anyone help with this?

I am running Vista 32 with 4 GB of memory on a HDD with 76.9 Gb of free space, on NVidia GeForce GTX 275 card with driver 8.17.11.9562 current up to 20/11/2009.

Once again vanilla BtS works fine (patched up to version 3.19) as do the other MODS that come with it.

Since Emptiness has requested this in other threads:
I am confident this is something simple, but I cannot figure out what it might be. Any help would be duly appreciated.

I am really embarrassed... apparently I had downloaded the 3.19 patch but not installed it properly.

To any passing Moderator, please delete this thread.

Top Bottom