CTD on new turn

Crossender

Chieftain
In a game I was playing with a friend, I get a crash to desktop after the next turn begins.

We were playing patch N with Tholal's More Naval AI modmod

Keep in mind that this is a multiplayer save, and I was playing as Dain.

Attachments

• crash desktop AD-0212.CivBeyondSwordSave
    306.2 KB · Views: 62
Strange. When I load up your game and hit next turn, it crashes. But if I try that while running the debugger, it doesn't. Not sure how to track down the issue. I'll have to do some more research.

In the meantime, here's a savegame from one turn later. Hopefully it will work for oyu and your friend to reload and continue playing.

Thanks for the reply and attention. Unfortunately, this new save still crashes me when I turn.

Oh well, hopefully we won't run into this problem on a new game with patch O.

Or perhaps you can supply us with the debugger? :mischief:

OK. I think I've figured it out. Replace the CvGameCore dll in the Assets folder with the one I'm attaching to this message and have your friend do the same. Let me know how it goes!

Edit: Forums won't let me upload the attachment to two different threads. Check the More Naval AI thread for the updated DLL. Thanks!

I loaded my game even though I had patched to o and it still worked even though it said it breaks patch n saves. I guess more naval AI overwrites the patch or something?

And it worked! I loaded my save and ended turn and all went well. This is great, now we will be able to continue our game. Thanks!

Also, when you said "check the naval AI thread for the updated DLL", I thought you meant the main post with the installer. Having the dll at the end of the thread can be misleading for newcomers who wish to try the modmod; do you plan on updating the home post with this patch?

Good to hear it worked for you. I'll post an updated installer with the fix tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure that it fixed the problem first.

And yes, my mod overwrites most of the assets directory, so it's not tied directly to the FFH patches.

Top Bottom