1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

CtD with founding city.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by The_guy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. The_guy

The_guy Elephantary School.

Nov 23, 2010
    Hello, fellow modders.
    Lately I picked up modding again, and started a small project which is a total conversion with three small eras. Total conversion, so I used this. After using TheLopez's Tech Tree Editor to add the first era few techs, I added a few basic units including a settler.
    When I test my mod I am given basic units including a settler. But when I found a city, the game crashes to desktop.
    I also tried giving a scout the <bFound>1</bFound> but when the scout builds the city, the game crashes too...
    What could cause this kind of crash?
  2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

Oct 22, 2008
    Germany / Netherlands
    If ethnic art is not the problem (just test if with different civs), then circular dependencies could be a problem.
    I once had a crash because unit A upgraded to B, which upgraded to C, which then upgraded to A, and the game collapsed when you were able to build either unit, because it was stuck in an endless loop.