Curious Space Win

Jivilov

Prince
Greetings Conquests fans! Just finished an Emperor-level game as Romans that appeared lost since Alex already had 9 space parts built to my 8, and I still needed to research Miniaturization plus Robotics to build the Planetary Party Lounge. Cathy and Gandhi wouldn't help me out even though we'd just been allies against Alex in a war punctuated by nuclear exchanges that I initiated out of desperation (well, maybe that explains their lack of empathy:mischief:).

So I'm wondering: Could the nukes have prevented Alex from building the last part? Between us Cathy and I whacked five of his cities, but he still had plenty of others that should've done the trick. Maybe the AI didn't reassign the build order after the initial city got blasted. Or is there some other explanation?:confused:

Thanks for your kind attention, and happy gaming!

Pretty sure if you nuke the capital, the spaceship is destroyed.

Thanks for your reply antimuff. I nuked Athens but Alex still had 9 parts built AFTER the war was over, and I still needed 2 techs and 2 parts at that point (my 9th was building). Must've been the AI didn't reassign the build city after it got clobbered. Or am I missing something?

You have to capture (or raze) the capital to destroy the ship, I think.

Yep. Only way that I know of. Apparently SS and associated parts are nuke proof.

Thanks folks. What I failed to mention is that when the war started, Alex had 8 ship parts and I had only 6. That's why I initiated the nuke strikes.

When the war was over, Alex had 9 parts and I had 8, with one building. But I still needed two techs to build the PPL, while Alex already had the first tech (miniaturization) and probably the second (robotics--he definitely had it by the time I finished miniature). So how to explain why Alex didn't win the Space Race, even if some of his cities were nuked? (Not that I'm complaining, just curious :D.)

Yeah, that's right you need to capture the capital to destroy the SS.

He probably changed production when you went to war....

Maybe due nukes he didn't have the strategic resources needed to the last part no more?

That could be. If you nuked the capital that would disrupt trades with all civs, as there would be no link to the other civs. Assuming you nuked the city square and not offset.

Unlikey that the build got reassigned to another city. Possible that Alex coverted build to something he may have needed to fight you (a tac nuke). Everyone will hate you if you start a nuke war so wont help you with anything from that point on.

Oh indeed nukes can be useful just dont be the first to use them if you want to still be on friendly terms with the other civs.

Top Bottom