Current Exploits as of WTP 2.7.2 beta1

King doesn't care about weapons loaded on wagons while calculating your military strength. Exploitable making buildup for independence.

King doesn't care about weapons loaded on wagons while calculating your military strength. Exploitable making buildup for independence.

I don't think that is true anymore - I am quite sure of that.
It was - or should have been - already changed in TAC with then new "REF strength" calculation.

We had a huge discussion on that in TAC and koma13 spent incredible efforts to improve the "REF system".
(I currently do not remember anymore which modders code was adapted and improved - but yes it was based on another modders code.)

Edit:
This exploit did exist though in Civ4Col Vanilla.
I think it also existed in Original of 1994.

Last edited:
Well, I said that because I was storing my weapons on unused treks and noticed they don't show up on Revolution page. Maybe they are counted but not shown? Same thing applies if you disarm a professional soldier.

Regarding the food "exploit". I have never seen it as such - it have just been part of my (single player) games to have a few growth centers collecting food.
However, I can appreciate that it could be a problem, and would like to suggest a fix - if at all possible (no experience with coding for col):
Each turn, points are added to the growth meter, based on the settlements current food storage. Perhaps one point per 100 food stored (do not round fractions). Growth is capped at the the settlements current health level. When the growth meter fills, half the settlements food is consumed (can be improved by buildings and effects) and a new colonist* is spawned.

Large food stores and good health creates fast growth, at the cost of a lot of food per new colonist (50% of stores consumed). Players have a choice to create "expensive" food centers, or spread out their food for slow, but cheap growth (the overall growth rate is initially the same as it is a linear function of food stored, but pooling food creates a short term boost, at the cost of a long term decline in growth).

*How about having new colonist be "young colonists", unable to leave their settlement, earning double education, with a chance/rate each turn (modified by game speed) to become a normal colonist (unless they acquired a profession via education, or learning-by-doing). This will delay a settlements ability to be a feeder - and insensitive such settlement to have a few jobs for the young lads, or at least a school - further increasing the food consumed by the settlement.

The reason I dislike the size of the settlement having an impact on growth (other than food consumed and health), is that I would still be able to create growth cities - as long as i don't populate them - which seems rather gamy.

Well, I said that because I was storing my weapons on unused treks and noticed they don't show up on Revolution page. Maybe they are counted but not shown?
We would need to check that in the code.
I am not 100% sure anymore to be honest.

Both are possible:
A) Weapons in Wagon Trains just not shown in Revolution Screen but still considered in the REF calculation. (Which I currently believe.)
B) Weapons in Wagon Trains neither shown in Revolution Screen or considered in REF calculation. (Which could be used as exploit)

Same thing applies if you disarm a professional soldier.
But that is logical to me.
Why would anybody acquire professional soldiers early before WOI, disarm them and just have them sitting around?
(It would just be wasting money which he could use otherwise - e.g investing in Economy - in the meatime.)

But that is logical to me.
Why would anybody acquire professional soldiers early before WOI, disarm them and just have them sitting around?
(It would just be wasting money which he could use otherwise - e.g investing in Economy - in the meatime.)

Well, perhaps better if they are not counted- for I don't want to buy troops but raise them myself, even I have the money- as of turn 744 (1685), king has army of 450 troops with 120 ships and I, 80 troops and 20 warships. Will try my luck when I have 1:2 ratio on land.

Top Bottom