Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Next commit, why don't you calm down a bit.

To be fair, seeing everyone with Autocracy and Egalitarianism gets boring after a while.

Bombarding me with messages about this problem doesn't do anything to change that.

You mean like this? :D

Spoiler :

But on a more serious note, does the AI ever take stability into account when choosing civics?

Attachments

• Message Bombardment.jpg
    Message Bombardment.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 227
Next commit,do something AI civic picking

It takes a lot of time and effort to make it work. Leoreth is very busy and isn't a code producing cyborg. Though, in the future, I would like that. Perhaps a mechanic that has civs prefer civics that are historically accurate.

Why not remove the penalties for having specific civics? For example, I see nothing wrong with the above mentioned example of autocracy and egalitarianism (the populace is equal (no castes, no subhumans...), but the nation is controlled by one single human - but aside from this person, there's no class of nobles or other such things that hold power over others).

Oh! And before I go to bed, I was wondering why a few of my cities have a -10 happiness penalty; 'our workers are being exploited' (if I remember correctly). I switched to Egalitarianism, but that didn't solve anything, and I have never owned any slaves, so... I have no idea what this penalty is?

It comes from your corporations. Public Welfare helps reducing the penalty, or don't consume so many resources.

Ah...

I may have continuously demanded all the resources my vassals possess, so that having 8 of a resource isn't exactly uncommon... :p

As a side note, playing the game without stability is a lot of fun! Ever seen Persian South America? Greek Mesoamerica? Ottoman Italy? It's quite cool.

Without stability? How is that possible?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

New commit:
- increased Autocracy upkeep to medium
- decreased Barracks happiness from Autocracy to +2
- removed civic unhappiness for other civs from Egalitarianism

Without stability? How is that possible?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
Here. Civilizations still collapse when you take their core though (for example, when I took over Athenai, Greece was destroyed, even though they had two cities in Mexico).

New commit:
- disabled victory music repeats during extended games

Here. Civilizations still collapse when you take their core though (for example, when I took over Athenai, Greece was destroyed, even though they had two cities in Mexico).

Thanks. I missed that thread.

Completed a 3000 BC Moors game in SVN before latest tech change, got steel around 1480, won in 1520.

Top Bottom