Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Leoreth, does the Chinese AI automatically get Confucianism (and Taoism)? I tried to directly beeline Math as Egypt, but when I only just started working on it, Confucianism was founded already. Or does this have to do with tech modifiers?

Leoreth, does the Chinese AI automatically get Confucianism (and Taoism)? I tried to directly beeline Math as Egypt, but when I only just started working on it, Confucianism was founded already. Or does this have to do with tech modifiers?
China usually goes directly for Math too, and should be faster than you due to better modifiers and the UP.

That leaderhead is called Maria Theresia, but I don't see any similarity at all.

Oh, come on. Like all the other LH show striking similarities! Look at all those different Cleopatras! Where are historical armpit hair on Boudica by Fraxis, dare I ask? :lol::hide:

That LH I have posted shows young Maria Theresa before she had 16 children :lol: Do you see anything similar between your wikipedia picture and this angel:

I think we are hairsplitting here. Some Royal looking lady with Austrian background can be Maria Theresa enough, and is better than her unremarkable husband, anyway!

Do the portraits of Royals show them without flattery and represent their real life face, to begin with? As long as LH does not look ridiculous I can live with it.

Well, ancient LHs like Boudica and Cleopatra are different because due to the lack of sources they're bound to be based on artistic license.

While a LH doesn't have to look exactly like his real counterpart, there have to be at least some features that mirror the original. The leaderhead you linked is just generic royalty with Maria Theresia's name on it.

Why don't we request someone in the LH making thread to create one for us? I've never been there so I don't know anything about it, though.

There isn't much LH making activity right now. The Capo mentioned a while ago that he wanted to return to LH making, but I don't know what came of it. He already has started to work on Lorenzo de'Medici, Harun al-Rashid and Benazir Bhutto though, all leaderheads we could use here.

Maria Theresa LH is already in RFCE. There's also an Abu Bakr LH different from his DoC version - we could re-purpose him into Harun al-Rashid.

RFCE++ also has tons of extra LHs, especially African (Morroco and Tunis) ones, as well as Eastern European (Prussia and Novgorod). They can all be re-purposed.

P.S. Bring back face-slapper Catherine please!

Lorenzo de'Medici is for Italy, I assume?
By the way. I can't find any relevant sources to Cavour of Italy right now. Kinda curious who's the man.. the only thing I can found is this man : Cavour
Is that what you meant of "Cavour" ?

By the way again. Would you please give me some kind of hint how to fulfilled Prussia's goal to control Russia? Razing 14 cities in Russia's normal areas but Novgorod is the only way I can to make it check-listed. I've tried making Russia vassal to me, but it won't work..
My another problem is on France. I've razed all of their cities in Europe but Bordeaux and it still not check-listed.

Yes, Cavour is Camillo Benso, architect of Italy's reunification. Kind of the Italian Bismarck.

I don't know exactly what you're talking about with all the city razing. You need to control more cities in their core than the civ that belongs there. Capturing cities would help you, or simply collapse the respective civ.

Ah, I see. So that Cavour thing refer to Camillo Benso :)
Will you replace the name to Camillo Benso?

Vassalize them doesn't work, then?
I got a screenshot where I control France's only city and it doesn't count to checklist. It's a bug, then perhaps. I'll upload it~
Since I have no idea how to do it exactly, I raze all of the cities in their core area haha

Ah, I see. So that Cavour thing refer to Camillo Benso :)
Will you replace the name to Camillo Benso?
No, Cavour is the name with which he was commonly referred to, both contemporarily and in historiography. It's not uncommon especially in that era to refer to nobility with their title instead of the actual name. Arthur Wellesley is more commonly known as Duke Wellington, for example. And I certainly won't rename Stalin to Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili ;)

Vassalize them doesn't work, then?
I got a screenshot where I control France's only city and it doesn't count to checklist. It's a bug, then perhaps. I'll upload it~
Since I have no idea how to do it exactly, I raze all of the cities in their core area haha
Vassalizing doesn't work, and single cities don't suffice either.

Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili ;)

:lol:
So I guess Montezuma to Montecuhthingamajig won't work either here :crazyeye:

Hmm I'll try rebuilt the Paris then.. I think Bordeaux + Paris should be enough.

By the way,
What do you think about disabling AI Portugal to built Arguim?
It's a bad city spot but AI loved it.

On the tooltip if you have a goal that involves territory, it will tell you exactly what an area is when you mouseover it (thanks again sooooo much for that Leoreth ^_^). The way I usually do it (depending on the civ) is just make sure to kick that civ out of that area entirely while keeping at least one city. Collapsing them tends to be the best way of doing it, and it doesn't matter if another civ has some of that area either, so long as you have more of France than the French do for example. Played a Prussian game yesterday where Marseilles and London both culture flipped from me (Spain and Dutch respectively), but I still got it because of Paris and a northern England city.

can the russian far eastern coastal city and region of vladivostok be improved? as well as khabarovsk (which isnt coastal, but rests along the river amur). its a shame that my home city of 700 000 inhabitants is considered a swamp
perhaps the swamps and stuff could go away at a certain date..

can the russian far eastern coastal city and region of vladivostok be improved? as well as khabarovsk (which isnt coastal, but rests along the river amur). its a shame that my home city of 700 000 inhabitants is considered a swamp
perhaps the swamps and stuff could go away at a certain date..

I was going to ask something like this, Vladivostok is the biggest city on the Russian east coast isn't it (plus it has an awesome name)? I think both of them should stand a good chance of being represented, maybe something like this? (The quality is pretty bad)
I know they're not amazing cities, but they're better than the likes of Novy Port :p
Plus, I think Murmansk should be in Russia's historical area#
There's also a fish 1E of the Kharbarovsk deer, which I forgot to label

Attachments

• vladikhabar.jpg
    vladikhabar.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 138
Why is Isabela's LH hit with the Ugly Bat too? She looks like she's in permanent PMS.
She acts like it, too, so it fits ;) I've just brought her up to date with melcher's latest release.

She acts like it, too, so it fits ;) I've just brought her up to date with melcher's latest release.
The old one was 100 times better. :mad:

But at least you removed Cixi. :lol:

How about Melcher's Ix Yohl Ik'nal? Pacal is the vanilla leaderhead that is in most urgent need of replacement IMO - it is most often regarded as the most hilaribad LH along with Sury.

Re: Congresses, I found several clear mistakes in Congress.py.

Line 412:
iGoldRequired = (2*pHuman.getGold() + 2*pCiv.getGold())/4 - 70

This means iGoldRequired will always be larger than half your entire treasury (which can easily be 5,000 or more). A more reasonable replacement would be:

iGoldRequired = (pHuman.getGold() + 4*pCiv.getGold())/10

The Soggezione modifier also needs to be reworked IMO - currently its effect is small enough to be negligible. Line 419:

iSoggezioneModifier = min(100, abs(iSoggezione)*(100/((iNumPlayers/2)+5))) + 100

With many new civs added by Leoreth in DoC, iNumPlayers is now much larger than in original RFC. This is why Line 419 must be rebalanced. I suggest a replacement as

iSoggezioneModifier = min(80, abs(iSoggezione)*(80/8)) + 100

Which means you get maximum Soggezione effect if you're ranked 8 places or more above another player. This also eliminates any need for rebalance should more future civs be added.

Line 425:

iAttitudeModifier = (100 - abs(iAttitude)*25)

Also causes other civs to require less Gold if their attitude is low enough.

I'd replace Lines 424 to 429 with the following:

iAttitude = pCiv.AI_getAttitude(iHuman)
iAttitudeModifier = max(50, 100 - iAttitude*12)
iTempThreshold = iTempThreshold*iAttitudeModifier/100

This means that if you have +5 relation or above you get a 50% discount.
0 relation does not increase or decrease the Gold required.
At -8 relation penalty, you need twice as much Gold to bribe a civ.

A version of Congress.py containing all the above modifications is here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1tOvidN2TVDSFZ5RUVBaHFfdWc

Top Bottom