Cursor Graphic Replacements

MacGyverInSpace

Monarch
Just for the heck of it, I quickly made these amateur cursor replacements based off of Armageddon counter graphics found in FFH 023 and Fall Further.
I wanted something that fit FFH a little better than the default BtS or Blue Marble stuff.
I started with copy-pasting the vanilla waiting cursor and ended up with these quickly made things.

The animation on the busy cursor is a bit eratic (like the state of Erebus ;) ) and the pointer's a bit flashy. They're not great, but perhaps they'll inspire someone else to 1 or 2-up me.

To install, just extract the attached zip to your FFH or Fall Further folder (version shouldn't matter) and the should appear by the time the mod's main menu loads.

If these get a positive (negative, or none at all) reception, I might try some a bit better looking, pursuing my original vision of a multi-axis-fate-compass adaptation of the original art. http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182652&stc=1&d=1215822588

Go ahead and post your own...

Not too shabby I'd say, though I agree that you put a bit too much in the first one. Maybe extend the time it remains on each picture to about 30 seconds. Then it should be pleasant instead of jarring.

I've included new cursors for Recon, Rebase & Airlift in my MODCOMP, never did post animated GIFs of them, never thought to. So I'll post them here if I can figure it out real quickly :)

Recon: View attachment 182678

Rebase: View attachment 182679

Airlift (Planar Gate): View attachment 182677

Simply WOW! I really love the cursors!
Of course the Armageddon counter courser must "calm down" a bit, but they fit really well with Ffh.

And xienwolf: PLEASE PLEASE make Kael integrate that Planar Gate cursor ASAP!!! The recon cursors are a delight, too, so don't forget them either. ;)

My concept was actually swirling mists that would form shapes and numbers, but that would take more time and pixels and the software I was using was pretty primitive. I did find some more advanced stuff, but TBH I'm more of a code modder.

Yeah, I know, the pointer is in time with the Hippus theme, but U got used to it after a while. Still, I might make a simpler edit to fix that before I redo them outright.

I converted and zipped xienwolf's gifs. Just unzip the file to ...Assets\res\Cursors in your FFH folder. If you want to use the Rebase cursor instead of the Recon cursor then delete Pointer.ani and rename Rebase.ani to Pointer.ani.

Attachments

• Cursors.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom