Custom made map crashes immediately after hitting load

jake_nahami

Chieftain
Using a map i downloaded from steam, i created a semi accurate map of the world in the year 1859, complete with placed units, buildings, and proper technologies. The problem is that after loading the map once or twice, it refused to do so again. Now every time i select the map and hit load game, it will load for a few seconds and then tell me that "Sid Meier's Civilization V has stopped Working" and i will be forced to the desktop. While i do have a budget laptop, i have been capable of running big games on dx9 in the past, and even when i try and delete civs to shrink the game(the normal number of civs in the map is 21) the game still won't load. I've tried reinstalling the game/steam, redoing the map, checking the integrity of the game files and so on, it still wont work. This isnt a problem i have on other maps, just this one. I put a ton of work into my map, and really dont want to just lose it, so if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated:) If anyone ends up responding, ill add in my specs, the game file, or anything else you need. Please help!

Top Bottom