CvGameTextMgr, BUG, and WorldBuilder Issues...

Afforess

The White Wizard
I just finished added a boolean function in CvBuildingInfos that checks to see if the city is on a peak or not (Useful for Ski Resort Buildings, and such...). It works fine. (I can code things by myself. :))

However, I added this section to CvGameTextMgr to alert players that the building needs to be on a peak. The problem is that it gives a python exception and the worldbuilder UI is broken. I tested it again without the CvGameTextMgr code, and the problems went away...

Here's my code:

Code:
    if (kBuilding.isBuildOnlyOnPeaks())
    {
        if (!(pPlot->isPeak()) || pPlot == NULL)
        {
        szBuffer.append(NEWLINE);
        szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_REQUIRES_MOUNTAIN_RED"));
        }
        else // else is here to catch errors, or rare cases...
        {
        szBuffer.append(NEWLINE);
        szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_REQUIRES_MOUNTAIN"));
        }
    }

It compiles fine. I want to show red text when the requirement is not met, regular grey text when it is.

It helps to have the Python exception that you are seeing. Plus post a few lines of context around the failing line of code with that line bolded or in red or something.

If pPlot is NULL then the if() test will get a null pointer exception. Always check the pointer for NULL before using it with ->.

Code:
if (!pPlot || !pPlot->isPeak())

Also, the comment after the "else" is incorrect. The else block is for when the plot is a peak--not an error condition.

Does this extra text show up correctly in the Civilopedia or when hovering over the building action button in the bottom-center of the screen?

It helps to have the Python exception that you are seeing. Plus post a few lines of context around the failing line of code with that line bolded or in red or something.

If pPlot is NULL then the if() test will get a null pointer exception. Always check the pointer for NULL before using it with ->.

Code:
if (!pPlot || !pPlot->isPeak())
Also, the comment after the "else" is incorrect. The else block is for when the plot is a peak--not an error condition.

Thanks, I knew it was because of the NULL issue, I just wasn't sure why I was catching it.

Problem Solved. Everything works correctly.

Top Bottom