Cyberpunk 2077 and Cloudpunk / Nivalis

Leathaface

Emperor
CD Projekt Red have started a mysterious Cyberpunk 2077 stream on twitch, lots of mysterious code

I wonder if there will be anything revealed? Almost 60K watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say it looks pretty damn good. Sort of like a futuristic GTA V on Steroids. And that sounds sort of fine to me.

If it were any developer but CDPR, I'd be convinced right now that this game would fall flat and fail to deliver just from too big a scope and overreach.

With CDPR... I'm hopeful. I'll want to see how it's shaping up closer to release.

I just hope its a huge success and delivers. More to give two fingers to awful developers like EA and the like who seem hell bent on selling their "Live service" BS, loot boxes, gambling, and other anti consumer practices.

Interestingly, i was reading that CDPR have actually been given the financial investment to make cyberpunk by the Polish government to try and establish a computer gaming market there. And its some millions of € to deliver game by April 2018. And Cyberpunk is the game. They appear to be ahead of development. It sounds waaaaaaaay better than Anthem. Which according to Bioware has moved away from story driven multi layered dialogue (you know - everything they were supposed to be good at) to more a co op shooter style of game (Destiny 2 anyone?). What with Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 last year, EA has not had the best of times recently. And its richly deserved IMO. If it werent for the millions of moronic madden and fifa players they would be in a spot of bother. Yet they still saw fit to pay that cancerous leech Patrick Soderlund 11M$. And remember - games are too expensive.

Uh... April 2018 is already past, not ahead of schedule. Did you mean 2019 or 2020?

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol? I just can't get enough of it. For those that got bored I should point out it gets way better after the opening 10-15min mission. Takes me back to so many films like blade Runner, Minority Report, Judge Dread 90s and especially 2012 version, 5th element etc. Reminds me that I need to check out that recent cyberpunk TV show called Altered Carbon! Mates keep talking about it being really good.

I play a lot of futuresynth, 80s synth, retro synth music on youtube and the videos are often accompanied by cool animations of retro futuristic cars driving through cyberpunk style dystopian cities at night with glowing blue and purple nights. In the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage when you see them get in the retro sportscar and drive around the city GTA5 style I knew right away that there's gonna be moments where I break off from the main game just go for a drive at night playing some tunes haha.

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol?

Yes..... yes it is! :lol:

Have you played far cry blood dragon? If not that would be right up your street if you like 80s/90s culture.

the best thing I've seen this day, amazing really amazing. It seems it takes the best of Bioware and the best of Bethesda into one game. Amazing.

This awesome E3 trailer is old news now I know.. but apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon publicly at Gamescon.

I watched this, and straight away afterwards i went over to GOG and pre ordered it. I thought i was too old for hype, but i am drooling over this.

It was the Keanu Reeves thing at the end that did it for me. I literally shouted "NO WAY", then pre ordered it straight away lol. It was probably the best E3 reveal of all time IMO. CD Project Red have their finger well and truly on the pulse of the gaming community. They seem to know exactly what it is that we want.

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

EDIT: and here's the final Episode 5 too...

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/746850/Cloudpunk/

ss_a9eb3100c970170f9b5526fdc88ffd8a3c9b6d11.jpg ss_6af058fb639863704c91d4f1b35e62636689c7b5.jpg
ss_ef1c5c801b74a8881d4511ce5a74bc6f3ad0af87.jpg ss_0c4fd81bf22bd564138cbf0fadfc214f859e2441.jpg

Last edited:
Im actually glad it was delayed. I skipped two generations on my GPU, so the last card i bought is about 4 years old and its starting to wobble a bit when it comes to modern games. And even if i run everything on potato settings it still doesnt like it. So what with the new generation of consoles and AMD releasing big Navi this year i have decided the time is ripe to splurge on an upgrade. And the new cards release next week. So fingers crossed it should arrive around the same time as Cyberpunk drops, assuming i can get in early on the pre orders.

So has anyone played it yet?

I have tried it - more to just see how it runs. And on my RX480 GPU it works ok. I have to run it on low settings, but it works alright. Not so it seems for console users. I dont think its really playable on old generation consoles. And with metacritic scores in the 30s one might question whether it was a wise move to even release it on older generation consoles. I also think its pretty poor form in terms of marketing - namely that console editions of the game were not available to reviewers - probably because CDPR knew that the game was bad on consoles and wanted to limit the bad press.

Im probably not going to play much more (ive literally just got to night city and nothing else). Instead i will wait until i can finally get a new GPU if scalpers finally run out of speculative cash. Hopefully by then most of the bugs will have been fixed. And i will have the hardware necessary to run it at the desired levels.

Top Bottom