Cybrxkhan's Leaderhead Thread

Yes. He needs more jewelry, like necklaces, gold arm thingies, and that gold belt.

EDIT: But I suppose he works this way if you want a more aesthetically austere-looking LH.

Yeah, I was thinking of taking specifically Ashoka's necklace. I was also thinking Junstinian's hat, but I'll probably have to resize it.

As for the pointy hat, I already did that using sculpting, but the hat's too tall you can't see it.

Let me guess... Nader Shah of Iran for Civ of the Week and Nader Shah of Persia for WoL :p

If you decide to create Iran for CotW, I could help with UU and City-List etc. I made something like that a while ago.

Let me guess... Nader Shah of Iran for Civ of the Week and Nader Shah of Persia for WoL :p

Possibly. I might add an Iran civ to WoL, since you already have Rome vs. Italy and Greece vs. Byzantium and so forth, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

If you decide to create Iran for CotW, I could help with UU and City-List etc. I made something like that a while ago.

Awesome. I think we should discuss this in the Civ of the Week thread, so I can give that thread some more posts. ;)

Alright, so again, I'm taking a side break from a LH. This time, I'm doing Matope of the Shona/Zimbabweans, although I intend to make him generic enough to use as any sub-Saharan African leader.

Here's what I have so far:

He's going to have a beard in the final version, by the way.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? The thing I'm most concerned about is whether he's too dark (it's my first time (I think) doing a sub-saharan African LH, so I was sort of not too sure about how to do the skin color).

Also, what do you guys think about these Backgrounds?

#1:
Spoiler :

#2:
Spoiler :

#3:
Spoiler :

#4:
Spoiler :

#5:
Spoiler :

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Matope_BG_1.jpg
    Matope_BG_1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Matope_BG_2.jpg
    Matope_BG_2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Matope_BG_3.jpg
    Matope_BG_3.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 400
  • Matope_BG_4.jpg
    Matope_BG_4.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Matope_BG_5.jpg
    Matope_BG_5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 363
#1 is my favourite. Looks like a nice LH!

I say #5

Quite nice timing though, as I'm thinking of creating that civ next (Mutapa Empire) ;)

BTW. I wonder if you could do me a small favour. Basically, I wonder if you could put Roosevelts suit on this LH. Nothing more needed really. Afterwards, if you could upload it here as an attachament, I can do the rest ;)

Sure thing, can't say I'll know when I'll be able to finish it, but I'll do what I can. It shouldn't be too hard... I think.

I recommend using the clone brush and taking skin texture samples from Shaka to give a more africanized skin color. You also may want to cut out Shaka's nose and lips and join them to this mesh (or do sculpting). Changing the color of the skin of LHs that are not African and then trying to pass them off as african just doesn't seem right. I guess same applies for trying to pass off non-asian leaderheads as asians without adding distinctive features.

I recommend using the clone brush and taking skin texture samples from Shaka to give a more africanized skin color. You also may want to cut out Shaka's nose and lips and join them to this mesh (or do sculpting). Changing the color of the skin of LHs that are not African and then trying to pass them off as african just doesn't seem right. I guess same applies for trying to pass off non-asian leaderheads as asians without adding distinctive features.

Thanks for the tips, as always! :D I guess painting black over a LH would be like old-school blackface, which is kind of stupid.

I'll probably try scuplting the guy a bit more to give him more African-esque features, and maybe give him a different hairstyle (for some reason I'm thinking that an altered version of Boadicea's hair would work nicely, rather than the one I currently have, since I feel the current one is a bit too hodgepodge).

Matope's up! His eyes are a little funny, but otherwise I think he's good to go. He can also easily serve as a generic African LH. Anyhow, he'll be a leader in the Zimbabwe civ me and veBear are currently working on, and he might also make an appearance in WoL.

Next up I'll probably return to Nader Shah, unless something else random comes up.

Matope's up! His eyes are a little funny, but otherwise I think he's good to go. He can also easily serve as a generic African LH. Anyhow, he'll be a leader in the Zimbabwe civ me and veBear are currently working on, and he might also make an appearance in WoL.

Next up I'll probably return to Nader Shah, unless something else random comes up.

Looks good, really like yours and vebears african theme going here

Matope came out great!! One of your best LHs IMO :)
Maybe the eye issue is a shader problem?

Maybe the eye issue is a shader problem?

No, I think after I sculpted it the eyes don't work as finely with the animations, so his eyes pop out ever so slightly (it's barely noticeable), but I think it's ultimately a minor glitch that can be overlooked... for now.

As a side note, this is the first LH where I actually played around with the lighting. Before I fixed the lighting Matope was pretty dark in a weird way, but I managed to shed some light on him (no pun intended :lol:). So now I can play with light on my LHs. Not that it was that hard anyways.

I really like this one, great work. I'll hopefully have some room to add him to HR soon :)

... I like him :goodjob:
And you choosed the right BG too. After all, Great Zimbabwe was a steppe empire, so a steppe BG it should be.

Spoiler :

About that Nkomo dude. Instead of using that Black President, here's some LHs I found that can be used with some minor texture changes (I could do that)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13784
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12240
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11302
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10562
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8846
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7804
That Hugo Chaves looks really like him, but unfortunately he's probably the best leader except Bolivar for a Granb Columbian civ, so I suggest we can use one of the others. What's your say on this?

Top Bottom