Deity
Tiny Map
Marathon
Maximum Civs
Raging Barbs
PO'd my neighbors as much as possible
Built only Scouts until I was quickly wiped out by a Warrior
Dan Quayle is now in my HOF!
(Had to hurry and lose before I researched my first Tech, a bit harder than it looks :lol:)

Try it sometime, takes like twelve minutes :p

yea well of course u can start a game and struggle 40 rounds for a 0-point loss, but... cant u just delete ur first units??

Dan Quayle's quote is: "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." :lol:
And just tried it, it IS possible to lose by deleting all of your units. Now I have TWO Dan Quayle's in my HOF. Hope nobody sees it and gets the wrong idea...

In CIv IV the future tech quote was "The future will be brighter tomarrow."
In this one they have a George Bush one that says "I think we all can agree. The past is over."

I am against Dan Quayle as the worst/clueless leader in history. There are plenty that were far worse. Neville Chamberlain. Then there's Nixon and Carter (not quite worthless as Chamberlain, granted, but worse than Quayle for sure). For those who don't know, Chamberlain is responsible for weakening the UK's war readiness, for strengthening Hitler's strategic position and prestige by basically serving him Sudetland on a silver platter and generally conducting a policy of appeasing and meekness, digging his own grave in the most cowardly and flamboyant fashion.
David Dutton said:
Whatever else may be said of Chamberlain's public life his reputation will in the last resort depend upon assessments of this moment [Munich] and this policy [appeasement]. This was the case when he left office in 1940 and it remains so sixty years later. To expect otherwise is rather like hoping that Pontius Pilate will one day be judged as a successful provincial administrator of the Roman Empire
Other really bad leaders that come to mind would be Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong-il and Mao, but some might argue that they were successful in killing millions of their countries' own people, and I don't want to get into a debate about these SOBs. But Chamberlain has very clearly proven himself as a clueless and dangerous (to his own country) leader, and should go below Quayle for sure.

But Chamberlain, Nixon, Carter, and about six zillion others who were more pathetic, were not as pathetically *funny* as Quayle. They were obv. going for humor, because - honestly - who could POSSIBLY lose with a zero (0) score, unless they were trying? They figured, and rightly so, that anyone with a zero (0) score is an experienced player who just wants to amuse themselves. :p

Dan Quayle was never "A leader" - fortunately for the U.S. and the world. If he had been, he would have easily surpassed any other U.S. leader for ineptitude - except perhaps for Dubyah. In fact, Dubyah probably would be the better fit since he was a leader and he has a bevy of funny quotes that could be used. I wonder if Firaxis was a somehwat sensitive about making fun of someone who is still in the news - so reverted to a easy to mock moron from the past.

ther really bad leaders that come to mind would be Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong-il and Mao,
Yeah, Dan Quayle didn't kill innocents due to his own stupidity. But he's more comical to the average American civ player (Who remembers Dan Quayle).

I suppose that's possible too, but I already have two zero (0) scores in my HOF. Somebody else try this one lol

Dan Quayle was never "A leader" - fortunately for the U.S. and the world. If he had been, he would have easily surpassed any other U.S. leader for ineptitude - except perhaps for Dubyah. In fact, Dubyah probably would be the better fit since he was a leader and he has a bevy of funny quotes that could be used. I wonder if Firaxis was a somehwat sensitive about making fun of someone who is still in the news - so reverted to a easy to mock moron from the past.

In Civilization V the quote for future tech is from King Dubyah, so I guess they decided to take leap into even more recent leaders.

you aren't famous, are you? Or are you Howard Taft?

As leadership goes, Taft has nothing to be ashamed of. He did a lot of good for the USA as prez.

EDIT: and yes, I am him. I didn't really die. Not completely: they thought I am to awesome not to cryogenically preserve for the future, so they did, and now I got up and defrosted to check out on Civ V. And I am thoroughly dismayed, I must say.

As leadership goes, Taft has nothing to be ashamed of. He did a lot of good for the USA as prez.

EDIT: and yes, I am him. I didn't really die. Not completely: they thought I am to awesome not to cryogenically preserve for the future, so they did, and now I got up and defrosted to check out on Civ V. And I am thoroughly dismayed, I must say.

sorry, I was wracking my mind for an incompetent leader that wouldn't offend anyone's political sensibilities (dubya was my first choice) while at the same time not being too obscure.

I guess I failed in my task.

Top Bottom