dancing Hoskuld's mods [MODULAR]

New beta for the Shinto and Shamanism has been loaded.

@JaeChunDaeSung can you point me to another tech which gives bonuses to buildings because I am having no luck figuring out how to add the stuff to Geomancy for research bonus to monastrys and happiness to the beautification buildings.

There's Guilds, which gives a +1 :hammer: bonus for workshops. Or for mod techs, Afforess' Cloud Patterns tech adds +1 :gold: and :hammer: to workshops.

Sorry about the confusion, posted that answer at about 3 in the morning, just when I was finally falling asleep.

I'm still too new at this. I downloaded the mod, now do I just place the folder in one particular place, or do all of them go to specific folders within the RoM assets?

Sorry for not being up to date, but what is the purpose of the Holy Shrine change? There is no readme, and the first post doesn't explain it very well. "great profit's button"?

I'm still too new at this. I downloaded the mod, now do I just place the folder in one particular place, or do all of them go to specific folders within the RoM assets?

I will post one with all the correct load controls and describe where it needs to go in the first post.

Sorry for not being up to date, but what is the purpose of the Holy Shrine change? There is no readme, and the first post doesn't explain it very well. "great profit's button"?

In standard BtS when the Great Prophet is active it shows you which holy shrines that have not been built by displaying a number of actions button for the GP. In RoM holy shrines are not Great Wonders so it shows all the shrines not just the ones not built. This mod makes it work the same way as in BTS but you will probably need to increase the maximum number of wonders you can build in a city.

In standard BtS when the Great Prophet is active it shows you which holy shrines that have not been built by displaying a number of actions button for the GP. In RoM holy shrines are not Great Wonders so it shows all the shrines not just the ones not built. This mod makes it work the same way as in BTS but you will probably need to increase the maximum number of wonders you can build in a city.
Thanks. That's clear. I already made the wonder limit change (set it to 6).

I found quotes for the techs.

When the Gods want to punish us, they answer our prayers. -Oscar Wilde (Shamanism)

Creativity comes from awakening and directing man's higher natures which originate in the primal depths of the universe and are appointed by Heaven - Quote from the I Ching (Geomancy)

It's loaded in successfully, but the images aren't coming up (just pink squares). Am I missing something?

It's loaded in successfully, but the images aren't coming up (just pink squares). Am I missing something?

Rats! It means that I did not check the folder names fully. I thought I had. I will run a test of what I uploaded again and fix it. I have just put in your suggested quote but not uploaded it yet.

Rats! It means that I did not check the folder names fully.

I tried to rename so as to match all the files, but either I get the pink squares, or its all gone. I'm sure you know the solution, because some of this is beyond me... :p

Again, thank you for all your efforts.

On the Shamanism tech button. But I'm having trouble loading it. I renamed the main folder the mod is in for the Modules, but something isn't loading properly. Though I can R&D both techs and found Shinto with no problem, I can't build the Shaman's hut, doesn't even mention it.

Also, I think Afforess did an addon to provide different bonuses for the University after researching certain techs, so if one could figure out how he did that, we can do the +5% research bonus for Monasteries for Geomancy.

Also, I know other Shinto mods had a unique sound/ping for the religion. I think Da Capo's Diplomacy does.

On the Shamanism tech button. But I'm having trouble loading it. I renamed the main folder the mod is in for the Modules, but something isn't loading properly. Though I can R&D both techs and found Shinto with no problem, I can't build the Shaman's hut, doesn't even mention it.

Also, I think Afforess did an addon to provide different bonuses for the University after researching certain techs, so if one could figure out how he did that, we can do the +5% research bonus for Monasteries for Geomancy.

Also, I know other Shinto mods had a unique sound/ping for the religion. I think Da Capo's Diplomacy does.

You should not need to rename anything, doing so will break all the graphics. The DancingHoskuld folder just goes in the Assets\Modules folder. You may need to edit the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the Assets\Modules folder to change the entry "Dancing Hoskuld" to "DancingHoskuld" ie with no space. This can be done using notepad or equivalent.

Sounds are difficult but possible since they are not modular. If I add them then I would need anyone installing this to run a WoC process to get the sounds into their version

I have posted a new beta of the Shinto and Shamanism mod in the first post. I think I have everything except Geomancy in the correct place on the tech tree and happiness to Afforess' beautification buildings.

Note this requires Afforess' modmods 1.41 or higher.

Added Extra movie pack it adds some static movies for some of the wonders. The good thing is that if you want to down load "real" movies from the WonderMovie thread and put the movie in your movie folder replacing any of these statics then it will work. I have already tested Hermatige, Globe Theatre and (I think) Apollo project movies from that source.

The ShintoAndShamanism mod will now require the next release of Afforess mod ie 1.5 which is currently in beta and I have a more advanced version from him. I still have to move the tech tree around and get the civics bonuses working. the rest is done :)

Added Extra movie pack it adds some static movies for some of the wonders. The good thing is that if you want to down load "real" movies from the WonderMovie thread and put the movie in your movie folder replacing any of these statics then it will work. I have already tested Hermatige, Globe Theatre and (I think) Apollo project movies from that source.

The ShintoAndShamanism mod will now require the next release of Afforess mod ie 1.5 which is currently in beta and I have a more advanced version from him. I still have to move the tech tree around and get the civics bonuses working. the rest is done :)

I just deleted the Geomancy from the old Shinto/Shamanism (plus changed the techs around) and i think it works ok, i like it better NOT to have to include any stuff that deals with SDK, or having a requirement that does, sorry.

Uploaded a new version of my ShintoAndShamanism mod, still beta, but I think I have all the bugs out now. For full functionallity it requires Afforess' 1.5beta2 or later but it plays OK with out it.

Top Bottom