DaNES II: When the Stars Fall

Probably shorter turns; longer turns would make a situation such as Thlayli had (with annual magistrate rotations, a very plausible and oft-used government system at the time) intolerable.

While I am deeply saddened by the loss of this great NES, I am greatly pleased by the fact that I will no longer be harassed and threatened by certain members of #nes about it, the fact that I won the game via prestige, and the fact that Thlayli would have failed hard this turn.

Since shorter turns makes for more updates that may have other ramifications. What about if the turn length for orders was kept at 5 years, but the updates were broken into single years, posted in single years and specific players allowed to interject new material between years?

Treaties to end wars that were over, elections, etc. all controlled by the mod.

I've thought about that idea, but then we start getting into the issue of time constraints. In real time, updating like that would take, I think, prohibitively long.

While I am deeply saddened by the loss of this great NES, I am greatly pleased by the fact that I will no longer be harassed and threatened by certain members of #nes about it, the fact that I won the game via prestige, and the fact that Thlayli would have failed hard this turn.

How...self aggrandizing of you. :p

Top Bottom