Dar al-Islam

Crayton

King
This mod component is a take on the Common Era Mod. It replaces the traditional BC/AD Calender with the one used by Muslims. The timeline goes from 3000 years before the Hijra, DK (Dar al-Kufr), to 1450 years after the Hijra, AH.

Enjoy and post your comments, suggestions, questions, and accolades here.

Attachments

• Dar al-Islam.zip
    185.8 KB · Views: 135
Nice work.. does anybody here knows that the Arabs used any "significant event" to record their calendar? The last one used before ultimately switching into the Hijri years was "The year of the elephant" where an Etheopian king tried to destroy the Ka'ba (where Moslems perform pillgrimage now - it was built by propeht Ibruheem) using elephants! But his army was demolished by mysterious flocks of birds stoning them. Prophet Mohammad was born on that year, and the Hijri calendar began 53 years later..

Ahem, why am I saying all that?? o.o

I was thinking more along the lines. When you convert to Islam this is your calendar, but this will take some work to make it that way.

As many as possible is good in my opinion. Now the small problem how to make it change in game is. I will fix time machine first. It will probably be easier.

Just say something in return about the Dutch shady colonial practices in Indonesia. ;)

I think the last thing we need is to fan the flames of racial hatred our Dutch friend has so kindly kindled here!

On a more on topic point - I wonder if it would be possible to tie the calender used into the player civilization (or possibly player religion) using python?

I think the last thing we need is to fan the flames of racial hatred our Dutch friend has so kindly kindled here!

Then you shouldn't have quoted a post from October 2007 in the first place. ;)

Top Bottom