Dawn of man audio files for upcoming leaders

robal1991

Warlord
In the december 2022 update the dawn of man's audio files for unreleased leaders were added to the speech soundbanks.

For the Elizabeth it is:

Elizabeth Regina, Virgin Queen of England and Monarch of the seas, you command the wooden wall that defends England from those who would seize it. Guard yourself against intrigues at home and abroad, and let your captain set sail at your command. Bow your head to no one and Britannia shall rule the waves.

The rest you need to figure out :)

Attachments

• DOM.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hmm. I detect a hint of espionage.

Ludwig's talks about poetry and fairytale castles.

Ramses' sounds religious. Temples. Sun Incarnate. Etc.

Sejong is kind of vague. It talks about wisdom and setting a good example for your people. Proclamations flow from your pen.

Sundiata is also vague. It references his life before being king and talks of elevating his kingdom.

Theodora doesn't hint at much either. Maybe amenities.

Wu Zetian might also be espionage.

Yongle is pretty vague also. Histories can be rewritten...

Last edited:
Ludwig's talks about poetry and fairytale castles.
Ludwig II:
Spoiler :

King Ludwig, they call you mad, but your madness is the madness of dreams, of poetry, and fairy stories. You imagine that the world could be otherwise, that we could build an enchanted kingdom where all seem tedious and mundane. Oh, Swan King, the world has need of your castles and knights, your dragon-haunted mountains and mystical grottos. Come again, and give us new dreams.

Rameses II:
Spoiler :

Rameses, Pharoah of the Black Land and the Red. Beloved, like Horus, your imperious face gazes out across the desert in countless stone images. Others claim to be God's messenger, but you claim to be the Sun incarnate. From temples built from the living rock of Egypt, your command calls your people to you. Rule now, and may none stand against the rising flood.

Theodora:
Spoiler :

Empress Theodora, you come from nothing to rule the remnants of Rome. With your wit and beauty, you captivated the people of Constantinople and placed your hand upon the great wheel of power. In a time of strife and division, let all be guided by your council, and set your shining seal upon the land.

Wu Zetian:
Spoiler :

From humble beginnings to the center of the world, you rose, Wu Zetian, Empress of China. Do not let the machinations of your court halt you, for you outwit them all. Whether by the painter's brush, your skill with words, or the poisoned blade, you will rise above your foes and cause the world to bow to you. Out of love or fear, there is little difference.

Sundiata:
Spoiler :

Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots* sing your praises. You rose from humble beginnings to fulfill the prophecy of your people. You were a hunter and a magician, now the time has come to be a king. Bring Mali from its humble beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.

Yongle Emperor:
Spoiler :

The world awaits, Great Yongle Emperor of Ming, China. Stretch out your hand and grasp its riches and its knowledge. Place your nation at the center of all things, and let all come to you in supplication. Let none speak ill of you... histories can be rewritten.

Sejong:
Spoiler :

Sejong Daewang**; Sejong the Great, ruler of Joseon. From your pen, proclamations flow that shape the course of history. A new society, a new way of being is yours to direct. Let your people live harmoniously by your example, and let your wisdom and knowledge guide Korea toward its destiny.

I'll add more transcriptions later on, but I have to say that Ludwig's gives off a very ethereal and fantastical tone that I love.

*Malian bards, otherwise known as Jeli.
**"The Great" translated into Korean.

Last edited:
Three of them start off almost the same, about rising from humble beginnings. Hearing them in this context is a bit repetitive.

Edit: I am deeply, deeply amused by how Sean Bean pronounces Regina in Elizabeth's.
It does kind of make sense when you know the historical context. I don't know who the third one is, but before they became empresses, Theodora was a prostitute, and Wu Zetian was an imperial concubine.

Edit: And Sundiata Keita, was a weak boy at first who was sent away due to the scheming of his brothers to kill him, lest he should threaten them. Didn't work out for them, but oh well. :V

It does kind of make sense when you know the historical context. I don't know who the third one is, but before they became empresses, Theodora was a prostitute, and Wu Zetian was an imperial concubine.
Theadora, Wu, and Sundiata.

Yes, it makes sense, but it's worded very similarly across all three. It feel repetitive.

Three of them start off almost the same, about rising from humble beginnings. Hearing them in this context is a bit repetitive.

Edit: I am deeply, deeply amused by how Sean Bean pronounces Regina in Elizabeth's.

Sundiata's has "Humble Beginnings" twice. :lol:

So this is what you'll see when playing Sundiata in the Classical:

From humble beginnings, you have shown remarkable growth. Leave your bronze for iron and rule with horse and sword. The sky above begins to reveal its secrets, a collection of heaven that uplifts our hearts and guides us to foreign shores.

Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots* sing your praises. You rose from humble beginnings to fulfill the prophecy of your people. You were a hunter and a magician, now the time has come to be a king. Bring Mali from its humble beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.

:shifty:
---

Were these all written by the same person? Because it looks A LOT like maybe half of these had quite a bit of work and dedication put into them, and the other half had to be rushed through in one evening.

Ludwig's is brutally good. I also really like Ramses and Elizabeth's. Theodora and Wu Zetian are fine. Sejong and Yongle are meh. Sundiata would be alright if not for the double Humble Beginnings.

Last edited:
Were these all written by the same person? Because it looks A LOT like maybe half of these had quite a bit of work and dedication put into them, and the other half had to be rushed through in one evening.
I'm pretty sure all of it was written by @Andrew Johnson [FXS], who's actually done great with the intros, IMO. Certainly a step-up from NFP's, at least. While I do agree that they could be better, I don't really mind the quality. :)

Also, hard agree on Ludwig's intro. That's the good stuff, right there.

I'm pretty sure all of it was written by @Andrew Johnson [FXS], who's actually done great with the intros, IMO. Certainly a step-up from NFP's, at least. While I do agree that they could be better, I don't really mind the quality. :)

There's one in NFP that I really like:

Ambiorix
Your wits will serve you well, Ambiorix. Where the size of your armies fail, use your head and gilded tongue to reclaim your land. Your allies will follow your lead and your strong spear arm will shatter the resistance of your enemies. Fight, great warrior-king!

The rhythm in the sentence is so palpable, and I like the writing.

I also think Ba Trieu and Joao's were fine.

I agree these are much better than NFP's. There's three in NFP which I felt were pretty bad (Menelik, Kublai and Bolivar).
---

Edit: I'm elevating Sejong to good status. Reading the intros again, I suddenly prefer Sejong over Wu Zetian and Theodora. :p

Last edited:
Original
Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots sing your praises. You rose from humble beginnings to fulfil the prophecy of your people. You were a hunter and a magician, now the time has come to be a king. Bring Mali from its humble beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.

Alternative
Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots sing your praises. From fabled origins you have risen to fulfil the prophecy of your people. A great warrior and magician, your time has now come to be a king. Change your bow for [insert kingly object here] and bring Mali from its modest beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.
---

No humble bundles :p

Original
Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots sing your praises. You rose from humble beginnings to fulfil the prophecy of your people. You were a hunter and a magician, now the time has come to be a king. Bring Mali from its humble beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.

Alternative
Sundiata Keita, Lion of Mali, your griots sing your praises. From fabled origins you have risen to fulfil the prophecy of your people. A great warrior and magician, your time has now come to be a king. Change your bow for [insert kingly object here] and bring Mali from its modest beginnings to the empire it is destined to be.
---

No humble bundles :p
Scepter?

The leader intros, not the civs

I just wanna say I can't WAIT for Sejong the great to make his appearance in civ 6 as RIGHTFUL ruler of Korea ( much better than that sham of Sundok)

Whatever. Sejong should've been Korean leader in the first place 😤. Not only because everything about Korea in civ 6 just SCREAMS Choson rather than Silla (from model of the palace to UD and UU- all from early Choson period) but also because he is just better ruler than Sundok ever was

We should always have the same Korean leader in every game and we should never try anything different. Because reasons.
Meh I wouldn't mind if it was Jeongjo or any other leader... just not Sundok. She wasn't a good leader. Her sucessor king Munmu of Silla is much better leader since he actually managed to unite Korean Peninsula into one nation.

Top Bottom