Deathmatch: Council Spoiler Thread

Niklas

Fully Functional
GOTM Staff
Back off BABEs!

Nothing for you to see here. That goes for those of you who don't play as well. I'm sure you just came here by mistake, so just use the door behind you please. :)

Ok, still here? That means you're no BABE, so you can safely read on.

Niklas' start:

First city founded on the middle tile. As I noted in the other thread, far too good for my liking. It means the tech pace will be higher, which will only benefit the other team. On the plus side I'll be able to build maaaaaaany Jags. :D

Go Counselors!! :)

Thanks for posting this Niklas - are you and cubsfan6506 allowed to talk to each other before you meet in game to coordinate research paths, etc? In normal multiplayer obviously you wouldn't, but in deathmatch games like this, it seems people often play that you can.

Man! How can you not like your start? Jags will still be useful for a long time.

Are you sure ti's wise to post this in here.

Go Counselors!! :)
:D
Thanks for posting this Niklas - are you and cubsfan6506 allowed to talk to each other before you meet in game to coordinate research paths, etc? In normal multiplayer obviously you wouldn't, but in deathmatch games like this, it seems people often play that you can.
I have assumed that we could talk to each other, I hope I haven't broken any rules by that. We discussed some tactics early, which even influenced our civ choices (or cubsfan's at least). I've also (obviously) shown my start here which cubsfan can see. I assume the BABEs will do the same.
Man! How can you not like your start? Jags will still be useful for a long time.
But with a worse start, Jags would be useful even longer! :p
It's a timing issue really though, if I can find and harass the bears early enough then it won't matter. But with a harder start, it would take longer for them to research key techs, something I intend to skip completely. ;)
Is that water a sea or lake? Let's see some BABE :hammer:
Thanks for the cheers! :D The water is salt, so I'm close to a coast. That won't influence my strategy much though, since I assume it's a pangea map.
Are you sure ti's wise to post this in here.
I trust the BABEs not to read this thread. And it will bring so much more enjoyment to those not in the game to read about our BABE :hammer:-ing. :D

:wow: VERY nice start...

Let's hope the babes don't have a start like this then! :D

Or that they don't know how to play its strengths well enough. ;)

I'm beginning to appreciate the start a bit more now. I've just calculated how to have 5 vJags out by turn 20, a second town settled by turn 26, and pumping 1-turn vJags by turn 36. :D

Heres my start.

Not quite as nice.
Any ideas as to what I should do with the workers.

I'd check if I'd chop the forest for a barracks.
But maybe after an irrigation and an initial reg warrior.

I'd also start with a warrior and an irrigation of the cow. Chopping and mining the silk later will boost your research nicely. I assume you'll go full speed for IW.

The map is 60x60 I presume, so I reckon I should have found everyone by turn 40 at the latest.

Update from Cub's turn.

All I did was press enter :)
It was rough, but someone had to do it!

Current Empire Status:
Building an EkWarrior - 2 turns left
Irrigating the Cow
Researching The Wheel??

I was a bit surprised to see The Wheel being studied. I was thinking Iron Working would be a better choice. Probably doesn't make sense to switch now? Of course, with the rapid game pace, maybe it's better to consider those 4 turns a sunk cost, and just move on?

Anyway – didn't want to make that much of a momentous decision on someone else's game.

Thoughts from the gallery?

Statler: You've got to get "a-round" to the wheel at some point!"
Waldorf: Yeah, you'd make a fortune! A wheel of fortune! Ha!

:eek: Definitely throw away TW, it'll do us no good at all. It's 4 turns wasted towards IW, but let's not waste any more than that!

@GW: :rotfl:

Sumeria - Turn 5 Update:
Ur: Building EkWarrior – due next turn.
Ur set to grow next turn.
Done irrigating the cow!
Dumped research on the Wheel
Now researching Iron Working, 30 turns to go.

Screenshot!

Suggestions on what to do next with that worker?
Chopping and Mining the silk has been suggested, and that makes sense to me.

You might want to road the cow before you leave it.

Does that river to your southeast flow over or under the ocean before it continues back on land?

Top Bottom