Debugging Help (mod mergers)

Here's the three Python log files.

What is line 107 of RevolutionInit.py? You must have changed the file since posting the last copy. Just paste the line here.

OK, here is the code, line 107 bolded:

Code:
	def onGameLoad( self, argsList, bForceReinit = False, bShowPopup = True ) :
	   # Remove any running mod components
		bDoUnInit = (bForceReinit or RevInstances.bIsInitialized)
		bDoInit = (bDoUnInit or not RevInstances.bIsInitialized)

if( bDoUnInit ) :
			print "PY:  Uninitializing Revolution Mod components"

if( not RevInstances.BarbarianCivInst == None ) :
				[b]RevInstances.BarbarianCivInst.removeEventHandlers()[/b]
				RevInstances.BarbarianCivInst = None

OK, it's a pretty small file:

Code:
# Holds instances of classes for Revolution mod
#
# by jdog5000
# Version 0.2

bIsInitialized = False

RevolutionInst = None
DynamicCivNamesInst = None
BarbarianCivInst = None
TechDiffusionInst = None
AIAutoPlayInst = None
TesterInst = None
ChangePlayerInst = None

That's everything in it.

This line in RevolutionInit.py looks suspect:

Code:
RevInstances.BarbarianCivInst = RevOpt.isOfferControl()

Compare it to the lines immediately below it that assign objects to the other FooInst variables. The above line assigns an option value to it--clearly incorrect.

That seems to have done it. No more errors. AIAutoPlay works, and inquisitions work. Gotta play test it a bit more to make sure Revolutions and Barb Civ is working, but I think this is now done. Thanks EF.

@Mesix

If you're still checking this thread, please try the new update for LoR (version 0.9.8c) and let me know if it fixes your issue. If not, please post your new python error logs :crazyeye:

Is there a patch to upgrade to the new version? This satellite Internet connection is very slow and downloading a 300+ MB file is difficult.

Not yet. It will take me a couple of days to write a patch script for this, will let you know when I get it done.

How many files are different? I can replace files manually.

@Emperor Fool

I merged in the latest SVN of BUG and BULL (though I have not merged in the SDK of BULL yet) into RevDCM. Apon loading the game I get a string of python exceptions that clicking OK will go away, and don't return, and I can't see any bugs or other effects that could be noticed by a player that has python exceptions off. The exceptions do not fire turn to turn, or when starting a new game, only apon loading a save. Also these did not fire when loading a LoR save, and the only difference between LoR and the current version of RevDCM I'm using, as far as python goes, is the changes in the SVN from the BUG 4.2 release. Attached are the Python Error logs:

I see in the log files that the Python system was uninited (as if the game quit) and then initialized immediately again. The first time it inited BUG, everything worked. The second time, some Civ4lert stuff failed. You need to figure out why it's initializing twice. Did you do anything strange when loading the game?

No, just loaded the game. Like I said the only thing that's different from this and the last test is merging in the new BUG SVN. I am compiling the new BULL source though, and my computer is old and hickups when I have it do too much stuff, I'll see if it is reproduceable then.

Nope, not reproduceable, must just be my :old: computer.

jdog found a semi minor bug. The New Revolution.ini file doesn't seem to be working, changes only take effect when they are made in the Revolution.xml file. Any ideas on why this could be? jdog's post is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8806168&postcount=8

Edit:
Is it possible to get BUG to add comments to ini files it generates?

It adds the hover help text from the help attribute or XML for the options to the INI files.

I recommend not installing a Revolution.ini file. This way you can see where it's created. Then change some options in-game and see where the file is written.

jdog figured it out, or rather got it working. Aparently you need a key and id in order for the values to be read and used from the ini files. Leaving the key out caused it only to use the XML, and ignore the ini file.

Actually, if you omit the key it will use the ID attribute. For options named "Enabled" this works fine, but ones with spaces need to specify the key since the ID cannot have spaces.

Thank you for reading this post!

I'm playing BTS with the 3.19 patch using Windows XP, and I have no problems playing the vanilla game. However, I've been trying to play some mods, and they show a title screen without any menu options. Specifically, these mods are Legends of Revolution, Fall from Heaven 2, and Rise of Mankind (I didn't post this in a mod-specific forum because the problem seemed bigger than just one mod). However, the Star Trek mod works just fine when I load it. Just in case this matters, one difference between the Star Trek mod and the other mods is that the Star Trek mod has a SDK Source folder while the others don't.

I've looked at the forums to try and troubleshoot on my own, but suggestions on fixing interface issues either don't apply to me or didn't work. These attempts included:

1) I reinstalled Civ4, Warlords, BTS, all patches, and the mods--same interface problems.

2) Some people changed "NoCustomAssets" in the Config file from 0 to 1 and the interface problem was fixed. (my config file was already at 1)

3) Many other interface issues involved users with non-Latin OS. This isn't the case for me.

My computer knowledge is fairly limited, especially compared to the great minds on this website! However, if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this issue, I believe I can follow directions on whatever advice you are willing to give.

I appreciate your help!

Top Bottom