Decrypting done... now 1GB patch?

Maquis

King
Wow... I was quite surprised to get a 1GB patch on launch day! I don't know if this is for the Digital Deluxe, or everyone?

Downloading the patch is taking some time. I'm at 42% with 30 minutes to go.

Some are saying it is a Digital Deluxe patch for the music files.

I hope I won't have to download 1 GB+ when I get my boxed copy by the end of the week.

I hope I won't have to download 1 GB+ when I get my boxed copy by the end of the week.

You may have to download it, in fact it is likely. I had already pre-loaded the full game and yet I still had to download this patch.

But then again I bought the deluxe edition so perhaps its just stuff from that. Still....

You probably will. It is there to make sure everything's running properly.

I'm past the patch, and now downloading files for first time setup. Specifically DirectX9.

It's most likely the digital deluxe package, as I didn't get the digital deluxe and the only thing my steam did this morning was go straight to decrypting.

Some of us were lynch mobbed for a lot of stuff that turned out to be true. Let's see:
-Steam Required
-DLC
-Zero-Day patch
-Did I miss anything? I get the feeling I did.

I can't help but say "we told you so."

Hey, if you open a rant thread, i would even sticky it ;).

i left my steam client up and running at home when i left for work this morning. it *should* have it all taken care of for me when i make it back

It's most likely the digital deluxe package, as I didn't get the digital deluxe and the only thing my steam did this morning was go straight to decrypting.
^ This (which is why when people compared the size of the standard/deluxe pre-loads, they were the same)

Basically, the bonus content wasn't preloadable. Probably an infrastructure thing.

Good to know this in advance, being in the UK (I can prepare for a 2am start instead of a midnight start) - although I can see why this would be annoying for those who didn't know about it today...

Some of us were lynch mobbed for a lot of stuff that turned out to be true. Let's see:
-Steam Required
-DLC
-Zero-Day patch
-Did I miss anything? I get the feeling I did.

I can't help but say "we told you so."

I remember, but I also remember agreeing that these things were realistic possibilities. Indeed, I think the 500MB patch size estimates some people made were a little optimistic.

But I never thought these things were bad. Patches are good. Fast, regular software updates are good and given they seem inevitable, why not do them well?

Hey, if you open a rant thread, i would even sticky it ;).

This is a wonderful idea, do it!

Top Bottom