Default civs dont appear

alireza1354

Emperor
Hi people!

I have added some modded civs to the game, but when I start the game, I can only choose modded civs; all default ones which came with the game are missing!

I can see only the added modified civs.

Does anyone recognise this, and if yes, what can I do to solve it?

Thank you in advance!

No, I just copy pasted all the mod folders from another account.

Should I also subscrube to them in the workshop then?

Found the problem...

Its twofold; some modded civs have their files completely copied from existing civs, of which not everything is edited correctly. This causes the modded civ to become a 'placeholder' of a default civ.

Example; the Ayyyubids seems to be a copy of Egypt. When you activate it in the mod selection screen, you load the mods, and you go on to the next advanced screen to create your game, either Egypt or the Ayyubids wont appear.

Second problem is even worse and seems difficult to pinpoint. This is that mods need to be activated in a certain order. I first used the trial and error principle activating the civs, that is, activate, check if it appears in the advanced create game screen, if it does, on to the next one, if it doesnt, deactivate mod and turf the civs that dont work.

Strange thing is, some civs didnt activate while I remember I have played them earlier without any trouble.

So I will use this principle from now on; dont activate alternative leaders for the same civs (no 2 Russias, no 2 Englands etc), just keep the default civs for what they are. From there on, activate any civ you like, but keep the trial and error principle in mind. If one doesnt appear or all default civs disappear, simly dont activate it.

Furtheron; the more mods you DONT activate, the better. Keep the game as true to its original as possible.

Now I play on Gedemons Giant World Map (YnAEMP) with 62 civs (edited dll various mod components file, and YnAEMP leader fix) carefully selected as not to let it crash.

I limited the game enhancement mods that dont change too much of the game, and
only what I find are the most important, like more religions, more beliefs, submarines ignore borders, captured settlers remain settlers, lumber mill on jungles, chopping jungles give production, policy plus, embark units with sailing, lighthouse on seas and lakes, friendly waters, delete stupid sci-fi units, stronger cruise missiles, lancers to cavalry, pikemen to musketmen, bowmen to cannon, feudal ranks, faster aircraft, quick turns, trading posts grow into towns, one wonder per city per era, and some wonders.

Now it works like a charm.

As for activating in a certain order;

I activated the dll mod for 62 civs first, then the YnAEMP world map (v.23), then Cookies Version of that map, then the YnAEMP leader fix.

After that, I activated all the compatibility patches for the civs I want to use (Hirams compatibility patch for YnAEMP, etc.)

After that, I chose the civs I want to have in the game. I didnt even chose 1 civ thats an alternative leader for an existing one (like Wilhelm for Bismark). I did chose Song for China, but that seems to be a different civ altogether, technically speaking.

After that, I activated the game enhancement mods (more religions, embark units with sailing, policy plus etc.)

After that, I activated the wonders I wanted to have in the game.

Ow and if you want to play with more than 22 civs, DEACTIVATE world congress :)

Or you will crash.

Top Bottom