[BNW] Modded game totally disappeared

seeminglyso

Chieftain
Hello i dont use forums but i cannot find the answer to my problem searching the internet looking at forum threads.

I have 2 locations for civ v on my laptop.

1. Steam folder steam apps etc> mods folder
2. My games civ 5 > mods

I think my games is where mods are stored but not 100% sure.

Played a modded game ( not many mods) up until turn 320 ...no prob...went to sleep loaded steam online loaded civ 5 ...first All my mods disappered then i checked my saved modded game....gone

I got the mods back by manually messing around both folders 1 and 2....but game still gone
Did verify game files...several files missing ..validating...to my surprise...my game came back...good

Another modded game just 4-5 mods...worked great went to sleep turn 258 ...lots of fun...decided to go offline to start game after closing saving game...it worked...and thought that steam updating may screw up my game...so stayed offline...went to sleep next day stean loaded online i immediately went offline....no mods...nothing at all no saved modded game...what to do...went to verify game like before hoping ....but restarted comp...and steam i went offine then online...then all mods came back and i could see the checked mods but no modded saved game nowhere...so went looking in modded saved games both folders ...it is as thougn game never existed....twilight zone....i saved it with fff in title and pressed load game to make sure it was there. Nothing in auto saves either...which i had enacted as always.

I am pretty pissed off...wtf!....where did my game go ....my suspicion is it has to do with updating...but if i just go offline cannot validate ...

I also uninstalled and reinstalled...and mods folder went crazy .... downloading files from a long time ago.

So if i play modded game...seams like i gotta play the whole 1 time slot ...because there is no guarantee.

I hate that steam has 2 folders.when i first installed game I said create game in c drive but the games save in my games also in this same c drive which i did not create...and what is said as local files when you go on game in the steam library ...it goes to steam folder...this is confusing and idiotic...how about one place where everything is found...including SAFE place for mods.

I am to understand that steam saves go in another...hence my games oneor that mods are stored there.

Last thing...,just for certainty...where are all my mods stored and activated from? ...i think my games ....but i want to be sure.

Yes by the way i know things like clearing cache and so forth...but it seems no matter how much i tweak and do things right ...steam screws me

Anyone can tell me what is going on in detail?..laymans terms...and if you know other files where my precious modded game went...tried steam cloud didnt have it on...do not use it.

Look this is civ v fanatics ...i figure someome has to know and can expain this ....modded game disappears...or mods as well...
is the game launching ...switching between my games folder and then launching steam folder other times...and why are there always missing files when verify?...no virus ..checked that.
I
Thanks for your patience....believe me i am not regular..,so you wont hear from me *****ing ....just this time...

EDIIT: Just to add...mods in disappeared game were ....
1.more luxuries v 155,
2.ancient techs rebalanced v6..cool
3.civ v BNW extra spies v2
4.sukritacts phoenician Civilization v2
5. no cheating AI v2

If they were not compatible .....then why did game last no prib...258 turns?..and still fine when i saved it?

I suppose i need to read the fine print about workshop mods.....

I have civ V complete game apart from steam.....but not sure how to work mods and saves...plus bugs possible....

i guess this goes with steam saying...we are not responsible..etc etc...when you go use mods.

Then why have this opportunity? As a choice?

Seriously if someone can tell me how to use mods in "another" civ v Non steam ....i would not use steam at all...i have at least 2 other civ v's ...but mods manually i dont know....and saving games also really important.

EDIT: got game back at turn 102....better than nothing...on auto save...why didnt it auto save 258 plus turns?

STEAM ....OR VALVE...HANDLE MODS BETTER!! And game folders ...its BS

Last edited:
Top Bottom